Hi

I trying to find out how many free ressources (procs and memory) I
have left on my P590 box. My HMC is on version 6.1.3.

As far as I can see, the ressources from previously "Running" LPARs
that are now "Not Activated" are not released when the LPARs are
stopped.

First I check that the LPARs is "Not Activated":

lssyscfg -r lpar -m p590-M9-9119-590-SN5163FAD --filter "lpar_ids=28"
--header -F lpar_id,state
lpar_id,state
28,Not Activated

I then issue the next command to se how much procs + memory the LPAR
is currently using:

lslparutil -r lpar -m p590-M9-9119-590-SN5163FAD --filter
"lpar_ids=28" --header -F lpar_id,curr_proc_units,curr_mem
lpar_id,curr_proc_units,curr_mem
28,0.3,21248

If I summarize all LPARs I can see, that the ressources from "Not
Activated" LPARs is not included in the curr_avail_sys_proc_units and
curr_avail_sys_mem from the lslparutl -r sys command.

Notice, that LPARs that have never been activated has curr_proc_units
and curr_mem equal zero.

Is this a "feature" in the lslparutil or are the ressource really not
available.

Regars

Peter Klitgaard
JN Data