AIX 5.3 Hardware compatibility list - Aix

This is a discussion on AIX 5.3 Hardware compatibility list - Aix ; Hi, It's been a while since I've dealt with AIX, but a customer of ours wants to buy a 2nd user RS/6000 44P and load AIX 5.3. Is this version of AIX compatible with this harware? I've just spent an ...

  1. AIX 5.3 Hardware compatibility list

    Hi,

    It's been a while since I've dealt with AIX, but a customer of ours
    wants to buy a 2nd user RS/6000 44P and load AIX 5.3. Is this version
    of AIX compatible with this harware? I've just spent an hour "lost in
    space" on the IBM web site and can't see a list.

    Many thanks,
    Pete.

  2. Re: AIX 5.3 Hardware compatibility list

    peterharding@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > It's been a while since I've dealt with AIX, but a customer of ours
    > wants to buy a 2nd user RS/6000 44P and load AIX 5.3. Is this version
    > of AIX compatible with this harware? I've just spent an hour "lost in
    > space" on the IBM web site and can't see a list.

    AIX 4.3.3.0 ML9, AIX 5.1, AIX 5.2 and AIX 5.3 are the supported versions
    of AIX on the 7044P machines.

    They don NOT run with AIX 6.1!

    --
    Uli

  3. Re: AIX 5.3 Hardware compatibility list

    On Jul 14, 10:59 am, peterhard...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > It's been a while since I've dealt with AIX, but a customer of ours
    > wants to buy a 2nd user RS/6000 44P and load AIX 5.3. Is this version
    > of AIX compatible with this harware? I've just spent an hour "lost in
    > space" on the IBM web site and can't see a list.
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > Pete.

    Hi,

    I've got the same machine at home running AIX 5.3 ML06, and it works
    fine. You have to update the firmware to the latest level, of course.

    Thomas

  4. Re: AIX 5.3 Hardware compatibility list

    peterharding@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > It's been a while since I've dealt with AIX, but a customer of ours
    > wants to buy a 2nd user RS/6000 44P and load AIX 5.3. Is this version
    > of AIX compatible with this harware? I've just spent an hour "lost in
    > space" on the IBM web site and can't see a list.
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > Pete.

    aix 5.3 release notes (it will run on CHRP hardware like the 44p):

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...53relnotes.htm

+ Reply to Thread