AIX auditing on LDAP users - Aix

This is a discussion on AIX auditing on LDAP users - Aix ; Hello to everyone, a customer asked me to implement auditing on some AIX 5.3 LPARs. For local users everything is OK, but they have also many LDAP users to be monitored (they want to trace logins as well as command ...

  1. AIX auditing on LDAP users

    Hello to everyone,

    a customer asked me to implement auditing on some AIX 5.3 LPARs.

    For local users everything is OK, but they have also many LDAP users
    to be monitored (they want to trace logins as well as command
    executions/exit statuses and so on).

    I haven't found any examples for this kind of implementation in
    documentation, does anyone have ever worked on something similar and
    could help me?

    Thanks,

    Thomas

  2. Re: AIX auditing on LDAP users

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 04:28:20 -0700 (PDT), TomTom wrote:

    > Hello to everyone,
    >
    > a customer asked me to implement auditing on some AIX 5.3 LPARs.
    >
    > For local users everything is OK, but they have also many LDAP users
    > to be monitored (they want to trace logins as well as command
    > executions/exit statuses and so on).
    >
    > I haven't found any examples for this kind of implementation in
    > documentation, does anyone have ever worked on something similar and
    > could help me?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Thomas

    Usually I hate to point people to a commercial offering when they come
    asking for pointers, but there is a really top notch product for this.
    Recently had to do almost exact thing for PCI compliance.

    http://www.likewisesoftware.com/
    http://www.likewisesoftware.com/reso...Whitepaper.pdf

+ Reply to Thread