AIX authentication to Active Directory via Win2k3r2 Kerberos & NIS - Aix

This is a discussion on AIX authentication to Active Directory via Win2k3r2 Kerberos & NIS - Aix ; Hi-- I'm trying to get some AIX 5.1 and 5.2 machines which are currently NIS clients and/or slaves to migrate to using Windows 2003r2's version of Services For Unix ("Identity and Access Management") but am running into problems... notably with ...

  1. AIX authentication to Active Directory via Win2k3r2 Kerberos & NIS

    Hi--

    I'm trying to get some AIX 5.1 and 5.2 machines which are currently
    NIS clients and/or slaves to migrate to using Windows 2003r2's version
    of Services For Unix ("Identity and Access Management") but am running
    into problems... notably with automount and/or login. Under a Solaris-
    hosted NIS everything works fine. I have configured Kerberos
    correctly. Linux & Solaris machines can authenticate and use AD's NIS
    without problems.

    previous maps:
    auto.home (actually a different name)
    auto.tools
    bootparams
    ethers
    group
    hosts
    netgroup
    netid
    netmasks
    networks
    passwd
    protocols
    rpc
    serverlist
    services
    timezone
    ypmaps
    ypservers

    new NIS (served successfully by AD):
    auto.home, auto.tools, group, passwd
    (the services, protocols, networks, netmasks are empty... do they need
    entries?)

    I've gotten AIX 5.3 to work except that it gives me an error with
    yp_all rpc_clnt error (no results in google for the error code).

    Is anyone using SFU or 2k3r2 with NIS with their AIX 5.x box?

    Thanks for reading!

  2. Re: AIX authentication to Active Directory via Win2k3r2 Kerberos &NIS

    Actually NIS and NIS+ are deprecated and should not be used anymore.
    I would suggest you try the combination Kerberos/LDAP instead, works
    great here!

    Cheers

    Miguel

+ Reply to Thread