Unable to post messages to comp.unix.aix - Aix

This is a discussion on Unable to post messages to comp.unix.aix - Aix ; Hi, I am unable to post messages to this group... I tried twice yesterday. A test message now. Cheers......

  1. Unable to post messages to comp.unix.aix

    Hi, I am unable to post messages to this group... I tried twice
    yesterday.

    A test message now.

    Cheers...

  2. Re: Unable to post messages to comp.unix.aix

    Abhi wrote:
    > Hi, I am unable to post messages to this group... I tried twice
    > yesterday.
    >
    > A test message now.
    >
    > Cheers...

    google groups users suffer from delayed posts occasionally:

    http://groups.google.de/group/Google...60a?lnk=gst&q=

    using one of the many free or lowcost usenet providers will help. In
    addition, many users and even some nntp providers have started to filter
    out posts sent via google groups because of spam (not so much in c.u.aix
    but elsewhere). Your post will be read by more users if you drop google
    groups.

  3. Re: Unable to post messages to comp.unix.aix

    On Jul 9, 11:35*am, Joachim Gann wrote:
    > Abhi wrote:
    > > Hi, I am unable to post messages to this group... I tried twice
    > > yesterday.

    > > A test message now.

    > > Cheers...

    > google groups users suffer from delayed posts occasionally:
    >
    > http://groups.google.de/group/Google...emap/browse_th...
    >
    > using one of the many free or lowcost usenet providers will help. In
    > addition, many users and even some nntp providers have started to filter
    > out posts sent via google groups because of spam (not so much in c.u.aix
    > but elsewhere). Your post will be read by more users if you drop google
    > groups.

    thanks for your reply Joachim but this is a good community...can you
    give me few other community names for AIX ?

    I checked the FAQs about google groups and they say that this is a
    moderated group but the message should appear quickly as it is checked
    as soon as you post it.. but I have seen delays for about a day which
    is bad...

    cheers...

  4. Re: Unable to post messages to comp.unix.aix

    Abhi wrote:
    > On Jul 9, 11:35 am, Joachim Gann wrote:
    >> Abhi wrote:
    >>> Hi, I am unable to post messages to this group... I tried twice
    >>> yesterday.
    >>> A test message now.
    >>> Cheers...

    >> google groups users suffer from delayed posts occasionally:
    >>
    >> http://groups.google.de/group/Google...emap/browse_th...
    >>
    >> using one of the many free or lowcost usenet providers will help. In
    >> addition, many users and even some nntp providers have started to filter
    >> out posts sent via google groups because of spam (not so much in c.u.aix
    >> but elsewhere). Your post will be read by more users if you drop google
    >> groups.

    > thanks for your reply Joachim but this is a good community...can you
    > give me few other community names for AIX ?
    >
    > I checked the FAQs about google groups and they say that this is a
    > moderated group but the message should appear quickly as it is checked
    > as soon as you post it.. but I have seen delays for about a day which
    > is bad...
    >
    > cheers...

    then just stay with it for the moment. Time permitting read about Usenet
    newsgroups: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/newsgroup.htm e.g.
    There are opportunities to use comp.unix.aix without google groups and
    without delayed posts.

    good luck

  5. Re: Unable to post messages to comp.unix.aix

    Abhi wrote:

    > I checked the FAQs about google groups and they say that this is a
    > moderated group but the message should appear quickly as it is checked
    > as soon as you post it.. but I have seen delays for about a day which
    > is bad...

    comp.unix.aix is a Usenet newsgroup, nothing to do with Google. It is
    not moderated. Google Groups is one of many ways to access Usenet, and
    many people consider it one of the worst ways.

+ Reply to Thread