Hello all,

I am taking backup of multiple file systems in multiple sessions on a single
tape. The problem is that, one of the file system has now grown beyond the
size of the tape.
Now is there a way to tell backup to pause till next tape is loaded?
I wanted this to be automated using a script. i.e. no operator intervention.
I have the tape silo and multiple tapes can be loaded & unloaded to silo at
same time.
When i set "autoload" to on, silo loads the next tape when the first one
touches the end..but backup command doesnt wait till it is loaded and fails.
Application maintainers doesnt want the FS to be split.
Any suggestions?

http://fantasticunix.com/forum