I am taking backup of multiple file systems in multiple sessions on a
single tape. The problem is that, one of the file system has now grown
beyond the size of the tape.

Now is there a way to tell backup to pause till next tape is loaded?

I wanted this to be automated using a script. i.e. no operator
intervention.

I have the tape silo and multiple tapes can be loaded & unloaded to
silo at same time.

When i set "autoload" to on, silo loads the next tape when the first
one touches the end..but backup command doesnt wait till it is loaded
and fails.

Application maintainers doesnt want the FS to be split.

Any suggestions?

--
mrrijo
Unix is Fantastic -- fantasticunix.com/forum