Daemon on AIX - Aix

This is a discussion on Daemon on AIX - Aix ; HI NG, Im a newbie at AIX, but i need to create a deamon on AIX. How can i do this? Has anybody a good manual or "How-to" for this? Thanks Uli...

  1. Daemon on AIX

    HI NG,

    Im a newbie at AIX, but i need to create a deamon on AIX.

    How can i do this?

    Has anybody a good manual or "How-to" for this?

    Thanks

    Uli

  2. Re: Daemon on AIX

    Uli schrieb:
    > HI NG,
    >
    > Im a newbie at AIX, but i need to create a deamon on AIX.
    >
    > How can i do this?
    >
    > Has anybody a good manual or "How-to" for this?

    On AIX every executable can be "daemonized" by the SRC (System Resource
    Controller).

    If the "daemon" not detaches, it is started (and in case of dying
    immediatly restarted) by the SRC.

    man mkssys
    man startsrc
    man stopsrc

    --
    Uli Link

  3. Re: Daemon on AIX

    On 4 Jul., 11:14, Uli Link
    wrote:
    > Uli schrieb:> HI NG,
    >
    > > Im a newbie at AIX, but i need to create a deamon on AIX.

    > > How can i do this?

    > > Has anybody a good manual or "How-to" for this?

    > On AIX every executable can be "daemonized" by the SRC (System Resource
    > Controller).
    >
    > If the "daemon" not detaches, it is started (and in case of dying
    > immediatly restarted) by the SRC.
    >
    > man mkssys
    > man startsrc
    > man stopsrc
    >
    > --
    > Uli Link

    HI,

    thanks for your answer.

    What are the steps i have to do, when i want to "daemonize" an
    exceutable sh-file (e.g. test.sh)

    Thanks for your help

    Uli

  4. Re: Daemon on AIX

    Uli schrieb:

    >>> Has anybody a good manual or "How-to" for this?

    >> On AIX every executable can be "daemonized" by the SRC (System Resource
    >> Controller).
    >>
    >> If the "daemon" not detaches, it is started (and in case of dying
    >> immediatly restarted) by the SRC.
    >>
    >> man mkssys
    >> man startsrc
    >> man stopsrc
    >>

    > What are the steps i have to do, when i want to "daemonize" an
    > exceutable sh-file (e.g. test.sh)

    Create an entry in SRC with mkssys and then start it startsrc -s

    Syntax

    mkssys {-p Path -s Subsystem -u UserID }
    [ -a Arguments ] [ -e StandardError ]
    [-i StandardInput ] [ -o StandardOutput ]
    [ -t Synonym ] [ -O | -R ] [ -d | -D ]
    [ -q | -Q]
    [-K | [ -I MessageQueue -m MessageMType |
    -f StopForce -n StopNormal -S ] ]
    [ -E Nice ] [-G Group ] [ -w Wait ]

    For example I start the sshd with

    mkssys -p /usr/sbin/sshd -s sshd -u 0 \
    -a " -D" -e /dev/null -i /dev/null -o /dev/null \
    -R -S -f 9 -n 15 -G tcpip

    So the "/usr/sbin/sshd -D" isn't detached so that the SRC can watch the
    process id.

    SSHD is started with "startsrc -s sshd"

    look at /etc/rc.tcpip script or /etc/inittab how it is started at boot time.

    --
    Uli Link

  5. Re: Daemon on AIX

    On 4 Jul., 12:58, Uli Link
    wrote:

    > >> On AIX every executable can be "daemonized" by the SRC (System Resource
    > >> Controller).

    > >> If the "daemon" not detaches, it is started (and in case of dying
    > >> immediatly restarted) by the SRC.

    > >> man mkssys
    > >> man startsrc
    > >> man stopsrc

    > > What are the steps i have to do, when i want to "daemonize" an
    > > exceutable sh-file (e.g. test.sh)

    > Create an entry in SRC with mkssys and then start it startsrc -s
    >
    > Syntax
    >
    > mkssys {-p Path -s Subsystem -u UserID }
    > [ -a Arguments ] [ -e StandardError ]
    > [-i StandardInput ] [ -o StandardOutput ]
    > [ -t Synonym ] [ -O | -R ] [ -d | -D ]
    > [ -q | -Q]
    > [-K | [ -I MessageQueue -m MessageMType |
    > -f StopForce -n StopNormal -S ] ]
    > [ -E Nice ] [-G Group ] [ -w Wait ]
    >
    > For example I start the sshd with
    >
    > mkssys -p /usr/sbin/sshd -s sshd -u 0 \
    > -a " -D" -e /dev/null -i /dev/null -o /dev/null \
    > -R -S -f 9 -n 15 -G tcpip
    >
    > So the "/usr/sbin/sshd -D" isn't detached so that the SRC can watch the
    > process id.
    >
    > SSHD is started with "startsrc -s sshd"
    >
    > look at /etc/rc.tcpip script or /etc/inittab how it is started at boot time.
    >
    > --
    > Uli Link

    Thanks for help...

    Uli

  6. Re: Daemon on AIX

    On 4 Jul, 12:09, Uli wrote:
    > On 4 Jul., 12:58, Uli Link
    > wrote:

    > > > What are the steps i have to do, when i want to "daemonize" an
    > > > exceutable sh-file (e.g. test.sh)

    > > Create an entry in SRC with mkssys and then start it startsrc -s

    > > Syntax

    > > mkssys {-p Path -s Subsystem -u UserID }
    > > [ -a Arguments ] [ -e StandardError ]
    > > [-i StandardInput ] [ -o StandardOutput ]
    > > [ -t Synonym ] [ -O | -R ] [ -d | -D ]
    > > [ -q | -Q]
    > > [-K | [ -I MessageQueue -m MessageMType |
    > > -f StopForce -n StopNormal -S ] ]
    > > [ -E Nice ] [-G Group ] [ -w Wait ]

    > > For example I start the sshd with

    > > mkssys -p /usr/sbin/sshd -s sshd -u 0 \
    > > -a " -D" -e /dev/null -i /dev/null -o /dev/null \
    > > -R -S -f 9 -n 15 -G tcpip

    > > So the "/usr/sbin/sshd -D" isn't detached so that the SRC can watch the
    > > process id.

    > > SSHD is started with "startsrc -s sshd"

    > > look at /etc/rc.tcpip script or /etc/inittab how it is started at boot time.

    > > --
    > > Uli Link

    > Thanks for help...
    >
    > Uli