which fileset contains man pages for system calls /usr/share/man/man2 - Aix

This is a discussion on which fileset contains man pages for system calls /usr/share/man/man2 - Aix ; I am trying to find information about system calls like kwrite. It is supposed to be in section 2 of man pages but ls /usr/share/man/man2 shows that it is empty. Then I tried which_fileset /usr/share/man/man2 and it tells me the ...

  1. which fileset contains man pages for system calls /usr/share/man/man2

    I am trying to find information about system calls like kwrite. It is
    supposed to be in section 2 of man pages but ls /usr/share/man/man2
    shows that it is empty. Then I tried which_fileset /usr/share/man/man2
    and it tells me the fileset is bos.data. However after I installed
    bos.data I found that it is actually empty. I tried googling
    everywhere but cannot get any useful information. the infocenter for
    AIX does not provide information on system call number and arguments
    either. I remember there may be some header files containing some
    information but I do not know exactly where it is. Any one knows about
    this? Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: which fileset contains man pages for system calls/usr/share/man/man2

+ Reply to Thread