PSEG flag meaning on AIX network interface - Aix

This is a discussion on PSEG flag meaning on AIX network interface - Aix ; i aix gurus, On my AIX server, ifconfig en0 returns : en0: flags=4e080863,80 64BIT,PSEG,CHAIN> inet 192.168.0.20 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.0.255 I can find any documentation on the meaning of PSEG flag in AIX man pages nor ibm aix related web ...

  1. PSEG flag meaning on AIX network interface

    i aix gurus,

    On my AIX server, ifconfig en0 returns :

    en0:
    flags=4e080863,80 64BIT,PSEG,CHAIN>
    inet 192.168.0.20 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.0.255

    I can find any documentation on the meaning of PSEG flag in AIX man
    pages nor ibm aix related web sites.

    Does someone here knows what PSEG flag means, how to enable or disable
    it (I can't find any ifconfig parameter for that purpose)
    and what is the effect of enabling/disabling it ?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: PSEG flag meaning on AIX network interface

    On 21 May, 16:07, anglade.step...@gmail.com wrote:
    > i aix gurus,
    >
    > On my AIX server, ifconfig en0 returns :
    >
    > en0:
    > flags=4e080863,80 > 64BIT,PSEG,CHAIN>
    > inet 192.168.0.20 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.0.255
    >
    > I can find any documentation on the meaning of PSEG flag in AIX man
    > pages nor ibm aix related web sites.
    >
    > Does someone here knows what PSEG flag means, how to enable or disable
    > it (I can't find any ifconfig parameter for that purpose)
    > and what is the effect of enabling/disabling it ?
    >
    > Thanks,

    The comment in /usr/include/net/if.h says "supports private segments".
    This may be related to the following:

    no -o nbc_pseg
    no -o nbc_pseg_limit

+ Reply to Thread