PSSP Query - Aix

This is a discussion on PSSP Query - Aix ; All, I have some queries regarding PSSP infrastructure. 1. Does PSSP software include a GUI ? I know PSSP is installed on top of AIX on a control workstation and there are separate commands to manage it , but on ...

  1. PSSP Query

    All,

    I have some queries regarding PSSP infrastructure.

    1. Does PSSP software include a GUI ? I know PSSP is installed on top
    of AIX on a control workstation and there are separate commands to
    manage it , but on CWS is it managed by GUI ?

    2. PSSP Hardware : Can PSSP be run on any other hardware apart from
    the below listed ones.

    * IBM RS/6000 44P Model 170
    * IBM eServer pSeries 610 Model 6C1
    * IBM eServer pSeries 610 Model 6E1
    * IBM eServer pSeries 620 Model 6F1
    * IBM eServer pSeries 660 Model 6H1

    I mean maybe the older version of PSSP could be run on some older
    hardware ....?

    3. Is it a practise to have HACMP cluster over SP nodes managed by
    PSSP CWS ?

    Ciao

  2. Re: PSSP Query

    invincible schrieb:
    > All,
    >
    > I have some queries regarding PSSP infrastructure.

    why do you worry at all? PSSP was a product to manage
    the SP systems. It got replaced by CSM.

  3. Re: PSSP Query

    On May 21, 7:53 pm, Thomas Braunbeck
    wrote:
    > invincible schrieb:
    >
    > > All,

    > > I have some queries regarding PSSP infrastructure.

    > why do you worry at all? PSSP was a product to manage
    > the SP systems. It got replaced by CSM.

    Thomas,

    We still have PSP running in our company ..... :-)

    Ciao

  4. Re: PSSP Query

    invincible schrieb:
    > On May 21, 7:53 pm, Thomas Braunbeck
    > wrote:
    >> invincible schrieb:
    >>
    >>> All,
    >>> I have some queries regarding PSSP infrastructure.

    >> why do you worry at all? PSSP was a product to manage
    >> the SP systems. It got replaced by CSM.

    > Thomas,
    >
    > We still have PSP running in our company ..... :-)
    >
    > Ciao

    It may be time to consider to move on.
    However, the initial question was about specific systems and
    if they are supported in PSSP. Usually this info is in the
    PSSP docu. Top entry for all the cluster stuff docu:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...nfocenter.html
    The planning guide and, in case support for new HW got
    added on update, the Read this first list the supported
    HW. And by just taking a look at the latest read this first,
    dated 1/2004! it states:
    Note: PSSP 3.5 now supports AIX 5L 5.2 in addition to AIX 5L 5.1
    So no AIX 5.3 and sure no 6.1 Even if you get it working on these
    AIX versions to have P5 and later HW in your cluster, PSSP does
    support 16 nodes per frame (here then one server), so you can
    have only 16 LPARs per server.

+ Reply to Thread