Manually make Tape access=available - Aix

This is a discussion on Manually make Tape access=available - Aix ; Hello How do I make the tape available in TSM. I ran command "update volume name access=available " but it shows error. I put two tapes in the drive which can hold total four. Two tapes were there before & ...

  1. Manually make Tape access=available

    Hello
    How do I make the tape available in TSM.
    I ran command "update volume name access=available " but it shows
    error.

    I put two tapes in the drive which can hold total four. Two tapes were
    there before & when I run q libvol it just shows the previous two
    tapes.
    I ran audit to clean & then checkin but it still shows two tapes.

    When I run q vol f=d I get the other two tapes as unavailable & dont
    know why. I want to make thses tapes available. How do I do?

    Thx

  2. Re: Manually make Tape access=available

    On 16 May, 17:44, Puneet wrote:
    > Hello
    > How do I make the tape available in TSM.
    > I ran command "update volume name access=available " but it shows
    > error.
    >
    > I put two tapes in the drive which can hold total four. Two tapes were
    > there before & when I run q libvol it just shows the previous two
    > tapes.
    > I ran audit to clean & then checkin but it still shows two tapes.
    >
    > When I run q vol f=d I get the other two tapes as unavailable & dont
    > know why. I want to make thses tapes available. How do I do?
    >
    > Thx

    Try 'help update volume' You will see access=available isnt a valid
    option.

    If you have ran a checkin then Id expect you to see the tapes when you
    run a 'q libvol' but it sounds like you may just be using some sort of
    small autoloader and Im not familiar with how the checkin for this
    would work, ie does it behave like a proper tape library with regards
    to the 'q libv' listing.

    You could try a 'upd volume name access=readwrite' to see if that
    helps.

    Regards,
    Scott

+ Reply to Thread