Clariion - Aix

This is a discussion on Clariion - Aix ; Hi, is there anyone who can get me a hint on Solaris Clariion combination. Usualy I manage aix - clariion, and when I want to promote secondary lun ( mirror view ) I run this procedure: AIX - unmount fs ...

  1. Clariion

    Hi,

    is there anyone who can get me a hint on Solaris Clariion combination.
    Usualy I manage aix - clariion, and when I want to promote secondary
    lun ( mirror view ) I run this procedure:
    AIX - unmount fs from hdiskpowerx
    AIX - deactivate vg from hdiskpowerx
    AIX - export vg
    Navisphere - delete storage group with this aix machine and primary
    lun
    AIX - rmdev -dl hdiskpowrx; rmdev -dl hdisky; cfgmgr
    Navisphere - promote secondary lun; create new storage group; add aix
    and promoted lun
    AIX - cfgmgr; importvg

    and thats it.

    And now I get one Solaris box, and I missing part with deleting disks,
    solaris version of cfgmgr if that exsists.

    Can anyone direct me to some literature with emc-solaris combination,
    or some posts on powerlink?

    Regards

  2. Re: Clariion

    On 2008-05-16, Kralj wrote:
    > And now I get one Solaris box, and I missing part with deleting disks,
    > solaris version of cfgmgr if that exsists.

    Use devfsadm and/or cfgadm on Solaris to delete devices.

    Regards,

    Frank

+ Reply to Thread