Sudo - Aix

This is a discussion on Sudo - Aix ; Hello This is the error I get when installing sudo in smitty Help is appreciated geninstall -I "agQqwX -V2 -J" -Z -d /tmp/sudo/sudo-1.6.9p16 -f File 2>&1 File: J:sudo-1.6.9p16 install-sh: Unknown flag -silent...

  1. Sudo

    Hello
    This is the error I get when installing sudo in smitty
    Help is appreciated

    geninstall -I "agQqwX -V2 -J" -Z -d /tmp/sudo/sudo-1.6.9p16 -f File
    2>&1

    File:
    J:sudo-1.6.9p16

    install-sh: Unknown flag -silent

  2. Re: Sudo

    First download the latest file set of sudo. ( I have installed sudo-1.6.7p5-3.aix5.1.ppc.rpm )

    Then make a small size separate directory or file system.

    Then place the fileset in that directory and install it using rpm i fileset (where fileset = sudo-1.6.7p5-3.aix5.1.ppc.rpm)

    after installing it. now type sudo and press enter it will show u sudo flags . means its installed.

    then go to /etc/sudoers and add ur user ther with your desired rights i hve given my user root id right by typing following

    mike ALL=(root) ALL

    Note:when u write some thing in /etc/sudoers , change the mode of sudoers file to 777 and after u finish writing up things in sudoers file change the permission to 0440 .

    enjoy

  3. Re: Sudo

    On 15 May, 16:35, Puneet wrote:
    > Hello
    > This is the error I get when installing sudo in smitty
    > Help is appreciated
    >
    > geninstall -I "agQqwX -V2 -J" *-Z * -d /tmp/sudo/sudo-1.6.9p16 -f File
    > 2>&1
    >
    > File:
    > * * J:sudo-1.6.9p16
    >
    > install-sh: *Unknown flag -silent

    A quick look at 'man geninstall' shows the -Z flag does a silent
    install, so Id try running the command manually maybe without the -Z.
    Also is the package in rpm format, if so just do rpm -i .

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread