Failure Starting a new Process - Aix

This is a discussion on Failure Starting a new Process - Aix ; I'm using AIX 4.3 with oracle. Sometimes users receive an error on aplication and when it occurs, AIX shows the following error: "Failure on starting a new process on host xxxxx. To continue it's necessary to interrupt a process on ...

  1. Failure Starting a new Process

    I'm using AIX 4.3 with oracle.

    Sometimes users receive an error on aplication and when it occurs, AIX
    shows the following error:

    "Failure on starting a new process on host xxxxx. To continue it's
    necessary to interrupt a process on this host".

    Error occurs when a lot of users are logged on system.

    The message is not exactly this, I receive the messsage in portuguese
    and here I'm translating to English.

    Someone knows how to solve this..

  2. Re: Failure Starting a new Process

    alinecord wrote:
    > "Failure on starting a new process on host xxxxx. To continue it's
    > necessary to interrupt a process on this host".
    >
    > Error occurs when a lot of users are logged on system.

    Check maxuproc, see the output of 'lsattr -El maxuproc'.

    It is a system wide setting that determines the max. nr of processes
    allowed per user.

    cheers
    Niel

  3. Re: Failure Starting a new Process

    Thanks, Niel Lambrechts,

    It seems that the problem was solved, I used the command that you had
    sent and maxuproc was set to 128 I increased it to 150. I used smit to
    reconfigure.

    Today, users haven't called me.

    Thank you very much!
    Aline

    On 15 maio, 19:04, Niel Lambrechts wrote:
    > alinecord wrote:
    > > "Failure on starting a new process on host xxxxx. To continue it's
    > > necessary to interrupt a process on this host".

    > > Error occurs when a lot of users are logged on system.

    > Check maxuproc, see the output of 'lsattr -El maxuproc'.
    >
    > It is a system wide setting that determines the max. nr of processes
    > allowed per user.
    >
    > cheers
    > Niel

  4. Re: Failure Starting a new Process

    alinecord wrote:
    > Thanks, Niel Lambrechts,
    >
    > It seems that the problem was solved, I used the command that you had
    > sent and maxuproc was set to 128 I increased it to 150. I used smit to
    > reconfigure.

    Sure thing, except if I were you I'd increase the value to at least 384
    but likely 512 as a _starting point_.

    Also, please don't reply at the top of the original mail (top-post), it
    is considered bad newsgroup etiquette and makes it harder for other
    people to follow the discussion.

    Niel

    > On 15 maio, 19:04, Niel Lambrechts wrote:
    >> alinecord wrote:
    >>> "Failure on starting a new process on host xxxxx. To continue it's
    >>> necessary to interrupt a process on this host".
    >>> Error occurs when a lot of users are logged on system.

    >> Check maxuproc, see the output of 'lsattr -El maxuproc'.
    >>
    >> It is a system wide setting that determines the max. nr of processes
    >> allowed per user.
    >>
    >> cheers
    >> Niel

+ Reply to Thread