GPFS new filesystem creation - Aix

This is a discussion on GPFS new filesystem creation - Aix ; Guys I need to create a new GPFS filesystem in a existing GPFS cluster ( used for RAC ) with newly added disks to system. Here is my procedue , pls review and recommend any necssary changes: 1. execute mmncrsd ...

  1. GPFS new filesystem creation

    Guys

    I need to create a new GPFS filesystem in a existing GPFS cluster
    ( used for RAC ) with newly added disks to system.

    Here is my procedue , pls review and recommend any necssary changes:

    1. execute mmncrsd on new disk ( hdisk5) with a a new failure group
    ( different from what previously used for existing GPFS filesystem)

    2.mmcrfs /data2 /dev/data2 -F /tmp/gpfs/datadisk1.desc -B 512K -m 1-M
    1 -r 1 -R 1 -Q no -n 16 -A no

    I think , i have to do stop GPFS cluster , before execution of mmcrnsd
    and mmcrfs commands ? am i right ?

    Pls advice ?

    Polani

  2. Re: GPFS new filesystem creation

    On May 15, 3:44 pm, Polani wrote:
    > Guys
    >
    > I need to create a new GPFS filesystem in a existing GPFS cluster
    > ( used for RAC ) with newly added disks to system.
    >
    > Here is my procedue , pls review and recommend any necssary changes:
    >
    > 1. execute mmncrsd on new disk ( hdisk5) with a a new failure group
    > ( different from what previously used for existing GPFS filesystem)

    A failure group is not related to a filesystem.

    > 2.mmcrfs /data2 /dev/data2 -F /tmp/gpfs/datadisk1.desc -B 512K -m 1-M
    > 1 -r 1 -R 1 -Q no -n 16 -A no

    Do no limit the replication factor since it can not be changed
    afterwards.

    > I think , i have to do stop GPFS cluster , before execution of mmcrnsd
    > and mmcrfs commands ? am i right ?

    No need to stop the cluster.

    So i suggest to take a look at the documentation as well.
    Please read
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...gpfsbooks.html

    hth
    Hajo