shared libraries load - Aix

This is a discussion on shared libraries load - Aix ; Hi guys! I have a bunch on non-reentrant shared libraries that I would like to run in a multi-threaded environment. One of the problems is that they are connected: library 1 can call library 2, but library 3 can also ...

  1. shared libraries load

    Hi guys!

    I have a bunch on non-reentrant shared libraries that I would like to run in
    a multi-threaded environment. One of the problems is that they are
    connected: library 1 can call library 2, but library 3 can also call library
    2, so keeping track that I don't use the same library from different threads
    does not help (I don't know the relationships in advance).

    I need a good solution:
    1.) Is it possible to set different loader domains from my program, so than
    I load each library in it's own domain
    2.) I've seen some references to USLA (user-space loader assistant) and
    SHLAP (shared library assistant process), but I can't find detail to know if
    that is of any interest
    3.) Is there on AIX some other loadable type that would solve my problem
    (not to have one single version loaded) - but to be able to load it
    dynamically

    TIA,
    Norbert

  2. Re: shared libraries load

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:55:35 +0200, "Norbert"
    wrote:

    >Hi guys!
    >
    >I have a bunch on non-reentrant shared libraries that I would like to run in
    >a multi-threaded environment. One of the problems is that they are
    >connected: library 1 can call library 2, but library 3 can also call library
    >2, so keeping track that I don't use the same library from different threads
    >does not help (I don't know the relationships in advance).
    >
    >I need a good solution:
    >1.) Is it possible to set different loader domains from my program, so than
    >I load each library in it's own domain

    Not really.

    >2.) I've seen some references to USLA (user-space loader assistant) and
    >SHLAP (shared library assistant process), but I can't find detail to know if
    >that is of any interest

    Don't bother.

    >3.) Is there on AIX some other loadable type that would solve my problem
    >(not to have one single version loaded) - but to be able to load it
    >dynamically

    Unfortunately not.

  3. Re: shared libraries load

    "0xdeadabe" wrote in message
    > On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:55:35 +0200, "Norbert"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi guys!
    > >
    > >I have a bunch on non-reentrant shared libraries that I would like to run

    in
    > >a multi-threaded environment. One of the problems is that they are
    > >connected: library 1 can call library 2, but library 3 can also call

    library
    > >2, so keeping track that I don't use the same library from different

    threads
    > >does not help (I don't know the relationships in advance).
    > >
    > >I need a good solution:
    > >1.) Is it possible to set different loader domains from my program, so

    than
    > >I load each library in it's own domain

    > Not really.
    >
    > >2.) I've seen some references to USLA (user-space loader assistant) and
    > >SHLAP (shared library assistant process), but I can't find detail to know

    if
    > >that is of any interest

    > Don't bother.
    >
    > >3.) Is there on AIX some other loadable type that would solve my problem
    > >(not to have one single version loaded) - but to be able to load it
    > >dynamically

    > Unfortunately not.

    Thanks for the answers. I will have lot of fun recoding all of those
    libraries )

+ Reply to Thread