determining oslevel on standby multibos image - Aix

This is a discussion on determining oslevel on standby multibos image - Aix ; HI, I've got a p5 system utilizing mutlibos. I set up the standby image a few updates ago and have never really used it. Since the standby multibos creation, I've updated the active image a few times and am currently ...

  1. determining oslevel on standby multibos image

    HI,

    I've got a p5 system utilizing mutlibos. I set up the standby image a
    few updates ago and have never really used it. Since the standby
    multibos creation, I've updated the active image a few times and am
    currently at:

    5300-07-01

    Now I want to start using multibos for what is was designed for,
    testing TL/SP updates before going production and/or using the standby
    image as a backout option. My issue is I cannot remember what TL the
    standby image is and cannot seem to find a command to tell me the
    level.

    How can I determine the standby multibos image TL/SP level?

    I know I could just remove the multibos image and create a new one
    giving me the same level that my active image is at but would like to
    avoid that if possible.

    Thanks for any input

  2. Re: determining oslevel on standby multibos image

    Try "multibos -S". This will start an interactive shell within the
    standby BOS, at which point you will be able to run the 'oslevel -r'
    and 'oslevel -s' commands to detemine what AIX TL/SP level the image
    is at.

  3. Re: determining oslevel on standby multibos image

    On Apr 29, 2:47*am, c...@gibsonnet.net wrote:
    > Try "multibos -S". This will start an interactive shell within the
    > standby BOS, at which point you will be able to run the 'oslevel -r'
    > and 'oslevel -s' commands to detemine what AIX TL/SP level the image
    > is at.

    Thank you. That works!

  4. Re: determining oslevel on standby multibos image

    You may find this article on multibos interesting......

    http://www.ibmsystemsmag.com/opensys...26printp1.aspx

+ Reply to Thread