Executing remote PHP script? - Aix

This is a discussion on Executing remote PHP script? - Aix ; Hi -- I've been looking around for an answer to my question, but what I find all seems to be the reverse of what I'm looking for. I have an Apache server out of state. There is a PHP script ...

  1. Executing remote PHP script?

    Hi --

    I've been looking around for an answer to my question, but what I find all
    seems to be the reverse of what I'm looking for.

    I have an Apache server out of state. There is a PHP script on that server
    that a user from the local office regularly executes; he simply opens a Web
    browser and navigates to http://server.com/script.php.

    This script requires a data file that is automatically uploaded by an
    in-house Unix (AIX 5.3) server via FTP. This server is a production system
    running LOB applications. It does not have a Web browser installed (nor will
    we install one on it).

    What I would very much like to do is get this AIX server to remotely execute
    that PHP script when it's appropriate, and "eliminate the middleman":

    1) The AIX box cuts the data file;
    2) The AIX box uploads the data file;
    3) The AIX box triggers the remote execution of the PHP script.

    In other words: I want a Unix box (via shell script or whatever) to trigger
    a PHP script on a remote Apache server. I don't want the PHP script to
    trigger anything on the Unix box (which is the direction all the posts I've
    found seem to take).

    Can this be done? Where can I find info on setting this up?

    Thanks,
    CL

  2. Re: Executing remote PHP script?

    Charles Lavin wrote:

    > Hi --
    >
    > I've been looking around for an answer to my question, but what I find all
    > seems to be the reverse of what I'm looking for.
    >
    > I have an Apache server out of state. There is a PHP script on that server
    > that a user from the local office regularly executes; he simply opens a
    > Web browser and navigates to http://server.com/script.php.
    >
    > This script requires a data file that is automatically uploaded by an
    > in-house Unix (AIX 5.3) server via FTP. This server is a production system
    > running LOB applications. It does not have a Web browser installed (nor
    > will we install one on it).
    >
    > What I would very much like to do is get this AIX server to remotely
    > execute that PHP script when it's appropriate, and "eliminate the
    > middleman":
    >
    > 1) The AIX box cuts the data file;
    > 2) The AIX box uploads the data file;
    > 3) The AIX box triggers the remote execution of the PHP script.
    >
    > In other words: I want a Unix box (via shell script or whatever) to
    > trigger a PHP script on a remote Apache server. I don't want the PHP
    > script to trigger anything on the Unix box (which is the direction all the
    > posts I've found seem to take).
    >
    > Can this be done? Where can I find info on setting this up?

    Try 'wget' (or 'curl') off aix linux toolbox page..

    wget -O /dev/null http://server.com/script.php

    ...or use ssh (via a key) and 'wget' on the server..
    ssh user@server.com wget -O /dev/null http://localhost/scrip.php

    ...or if the server has cli php upon it and "script.php" can cope with being
    called directly..

    ssh user@server.com /path/to/apache/htdocs/script.php

    > Thanks,
    > CL

  3. Re: Executing remote PHP script?

    Something to play with tonight ...

    Thanks!

    CL

    "Guy Harrison" wrote in message
    > Charles Lavin wrote:
    >
    >> Hi --
    >>
    >> I've been looking around for an answer to my question, but what I find
    >> all
    >> seems to be the reverse of what I'm looking for.
    >>
    >> I have an Apache server out of state. There is a PHP script on that
    >> server
    >> that a user from the local office regularly executes; he simply opens a
    >> Web browser and navigates to http://server.com/script.php.
    >>
    >> This script requires a data file that is automatically uploaded by an
    >> in-house Unix (AIX 5.3) server via FTP. This server is a production
    >> system
    >> running LOB applications. It does not have a Web browser installed (nor
    >> will we install one on it).
    >>
    >> What I would very much like to do is get this AIX server to remotely
    >> execute that PHP script when it's appropriate, and "eliminate the
    >> middleman":
    >>
    >> 1) The AIX box cuts the data file;
    >> 2) The AIX box uploads the data file;
    >> 3) The AIX box triggers the remote execution of the PHP script.
    >>
    >> In other words: I want a Unix box (via shell script or whatever) to
    >> trigger a PHP script on a remote Apache server. I don't want the PHP
    >> script to trigger anything on the Unix box (which is the direction all
    >> the
    >> posts I've found seem to take).
    >>
    >> Can this be done? Where can I find info on setting this up?

    > Try 'wget' (or 'curl') off aix linux toolbox page..
    >
    > wget -O /dev/null http://server.com/script.php
    >
    > ..or use ssh (via a key) and 'wget' on the server..
    > ssh user@server.com wget -O /dev/null http://localhost/scrip.php
    >
    > ..or if the server has cli php upon it and "script.php" can cope with
    > being
    > called directly..
    >
    > ssh user@server.com /path/to/apache/htdocs/script.php
    >
    >> Thanks,