AIX 5.3 ML4 -- missing libm.a - Aix

This is a discussion on AIX 5.3 ML4 -- missing libm.a - Aix ; I just recently updated a box from AIX 5.2 to 5.3 ML0, then to ML4 and finally ML4-SP4+CSP. However the developers are now complaining that libm.a is missing. The package is installed: # lslpp -L | grep bos.adt bos.adt.base 5.3.0.40 ...

  1. AIX 5.3 ML4 -- missing libm.a

    I just recently updated a box from AIX 5.2 to 5.3 ML0, then to ML4 and
    finally ML4-SP4+CSP.

    However the developers are now complaining that libm.a is missing. The
    package is installed:

    # lslpp -L | grep bos.adt
    bos.adt.base 5.3.0.40 C F Base Application
    Development
    bos.adt.include 5.3.0.42 C F Base Application
    Development
    bos.adt.lib 5.3.0.40 C F Base Application
    Development
    bos.adt.libm 5.3.0.40 C F Base Application
    Development

    However if i do a find, there is no libm.a files. Any ideas on how to
    resolve this?

  2. Re: AIX 5.3 ML4 -- missing libm.a

    On Apr 22, 11:49 am, bomahony wrote:
    > I just recently updated a box from AIX 5.2 to 5.3 ML0, then to ML4 and
    > finally ML4-SP4+CSP.
    >
    > However the developers are now complaining that libm.a is missing. The
    > package is installed:
    >
    > # lslpp -L | grep bos.adt
    > bos.adt.base 5.3.0.40 C F Base Application
    > Development
    > bos.adt.include 5.3.0.42 C F Base Application
    > Development
    > bos.adt.lib 5.3.0.40 C F Base Application
    > Development
    > bos.adt.libm 5.3.0.40 C F Base Application
    > Development
    >
    > However if i do a find, there is no libm.a files. Any ideas on how to
    > resolve this?

    Verify that the file is really installed.

    List files installed by a package
    $ lslpp -f bos.adt.libm

    Verify installed package
    $ lppchk -f bos.adt.libm

    hth
    Hajo

  3. Re: AIX 5.3 ML4 -- missing libm.a

    # lslpp -f bos.adt.libm
    Fileset File

    bos.adt.libm 5.3.0.0 /usr/lib/libm_r.a -> /usr/ccs/lib/libm_r.a
    bos.adt.libm 5.3.0.0 /usr/ccs/lib/libmsaa.a
    /usr/ccs/lib/libm_r.a -> /usr/ccs/lib/libm.a
    /usr/lib/libmsaa.a -> /usr/ccs/lib/libmsaa.a
    /usr/ccs/lib/libmsaa_r.a -> /usr/ccs/lib/
    libmsaa.a
    /usr/ccs/lib/libm.a
    /usr/lib/libblas.a
    /usr/lib/libm.a -> /usr/ccs/lib/libm.a
    /usr/lib/libmsaa_r.a -> /usr/ccs/lib/
    libmsaa_r.a

    So obviously the full package isnt installed. However when i search
    the CDs I used, i cannot find bos.adt.libm.

  4. Re: AIX 5.3 ML4 -- missing libm.a

    Hmmm

    Even after installing from the cd, i still cant seem to see it in /usr/
    lib. The lslpp -f is still the same also....

  5. Re: AIX 5.3 ML4 -- missing libm.a

    On Apr 22, 1:00 pm, bomahony wrote:
    > Hmmm
    >
    > Even after installing from the cd, i still cant seem to see it in /usr/
    > lib. The lslpp -f is still the same also....

    The lslpp -f gives you the file which are installed by a package.
    To verify a package installation you should use the lppchk command.

    BTW: ML4 is pretty outdated but in case you go tp the latest version
    be aware that the pthread library changed causing problems with oracle
    and gpfs and maybe other programs as well.

    cheers
    Hajo

  6. Re: AIX 5.3 ML4 -- missing libm.a

    I know its well out of date, but we have a "minimum" requirement, so
    our boxes are generally kept well out of date, as our customers very
    rarely update their systems. AFAIK we have some poeple running solaris
    7 or AIX 4.3!

    Anyways:

    # lppchk -f bos.adt.libm
    lppchk: 0504-206 File /usr/ccs/lib/libm.a could not be located.
    lppchk: 0504-206 File /usr/lib/libm.a could not be located.

    --

    Question is how do i force this to install? I tried to force an
    install over the previous version but when i press Esc-4 in smit, it

  7. Re: AIX 5.3 ML4 -- missing libm.a

    On Apr 22, 2:37 pm, bomahony wrote:
    > I know its well out of date, but we have a "minimum" requirement, so
    > our boxes are generally kept well out of date, as our customers very
    > rarely update their systems. AFAIK we have some poeple running solaris
    > 7 or AIX 4.3!
    >
    > Anyways:
    >
    > # lppchk -f bos.adt.libm
    > lppchk: 0504-206 File /usr/ccs/lib/libm.a could not be located.
    > lppchk: 0504-206 File /usr/lib/libm.a could not be located.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Question is how do i force this to install? I tried to force an

    In case you have a DVD or a lpp_source with all fileset.
    $ cd PathToMyLppSource && installp -d . -F bos.adt.libm

    After that check with lppchk again. If Ok go for an update of this
    package.
    $ cd PathToMyLppSource && update_all -d . -B -aX bos.adt.libm

    and redo the lppchk. Maybe the base or update package are corrupted.

    hth
    Hajo

  8. Re: AIX 5.3 ML4 -- missing libm.a

    That hadnt worked. I managed to do it by uninstalling the libm package
    and then forcing the reinstall of the bos.adt package (on the cd its
    all bundled together) i was then able to update the whole package to
    ML4 9and part of it to ML4 SP4 CSP)

    thanks for your help! All is working now

+ Reply to Thread