AIX Net Performance - Aix

This is a discussion on AIX Net Performance - Aix ; Hi Can someone told me what's the best performance setting for this values Right now I got this values lru_file_repage 1 maxclient% 80 maxperm% 80 minperm% 20 Or this lru_file_repage 0 maxclient% 90 maxperm% 90 minperm% 10...

  1. AIX Net Performance

    Hi

    Can someone told me what's the best performance setting for this
    values

    Right now I got this values

    lru_file_repage 1
    maxclient% 80
    maxperm% 80
    minperm% 20

    Or this

    lru_file_repage 0
    maxclient% 90
    maxperm% 90
    minperm% 10

  2. Re: AIX Net Performance

    Juan Medina wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Can someone told me what's the best performance setting for this
    > values
    >
    > Right now I got this values
    >
    > lru_file_repage 1
    > maxclient% 80
    > maxperm% 80
    > minperm% 20
    >
    > Or this
    >
    > lru_file_repage 0
    > maxclient% 90
    > maxperm% 90
    > minperm% 10

    Those are settings for the virtual memory manager, not network settings.
    The latter settings would be optimized more for a database or
    application server, the earlier for a file server. lru_file_repage set
    to zero tells the VMM to sacrifice fs cache (numclient) to keep
    processes in memory. I am no expert, but this is what I have come to
    believe.

    These have nothing to do with network performance.

    Look at:

    no -a
    entstat -dt
    nfso -a (if you are running an NFS server)
    netstat -i

    to gather info where you may need attention.

    I am sure others will chime in to make that list more comprehensive.

  3. Re: AIX Net Performance

    Juan Medina wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Can someone told me what's the best performance setting for this
    > values

    Depends.

    > Right now I got this values
    >
    > lru_file_repage 1
    > maxclient% 80
    > maxperm% 80
    > minperm% 20

    Makes sense for a web-server and provides bias to non-computational
    memory pages.

    > Or this
    >
    > lru_file_repage 0
    > maxclient% 90
    > maxperm% 90
    > minperm% 10

    Makes sense on a RDBMS e.g. Oracle and provides bias to computational pages.

    Niel

  4. Re: AIX Net Performance

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 00:30:22 +0200, Niel Lambrechts
    wrote:

    >Juan Medina wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Can someone told me what's the best performance setting for this
    >> values

    >Depends.
    >
    >> Right now I got this values
    >>
    >> lru_file_repage 1
    >> maxclient% 80
    >> maxperm% 80
    >> minperm% 20

    >Makes sense for a web-server and provides bias to non-computational
    >memory pages.
    >
    >> Or this
    >>
    >> lru_file_repage 0
    >> maxclient% 90
    >> maxperm% 90
    >> minperm% 10

    >Makes sense on a RDBMS e.g. Oracle and provides bias to computational pages.

    Thank youz for chiming in! Your answer is not just useless, it's
    wrong!

    BTW I used to poast as cypherpunk@nyc.rr.com - check out my posting
    history in Google to see what a k00k I am.

    I even have a dedicated website!
    http://member.telpacific.com.au/plugger/

    BWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread