NIM Cstate - Aix

This is a discussion on NIM Cstate - Aix ; Hi all, I have a Managed client I am trying to remove. It will not allow me to remove it because it believes it is running a base installation. But this is not the case. How can I reset the ...

  1. NIM Cstate

    Hi all,

    I have a Managed client I am trying to remove. It will not allow me
    to remove it because it believes it is running a base installation.
    But this is not the case.

    How can I reset the Cstate so I am them about to reset this and remove
    it?

    Thanks

  2. Re: NIM Cstate

    On Feb 27, 2:19 pm, jenleni...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a Managed client I am trying to remove. It will not allow me
    > to remove it because it believes it is running a base installation.
    > But this is not the case.
    >
    > How can I reset the Cstate so I am them about to reset this and remove
    > it?
    >
    > Thanks

    You could use SMIT but I think it's quicker using the command line;

    # nim -Fo reset ClientName

    # nim -o deallocate -a subclass=all ClientName

    You will now be able to remove the client from NIM. I'd recommend
    getting a copy of the latest NIM Redbook at http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247296.html
    for reference.

    Cheers,
    Dave Whiting