How to get entire command line from ps like UCB ps - Aix

This is a discussion on How to get entire command line from ps like UCB ps - Aix ; On Solaris, I'm used to being able to use the UCB ps with multiple "- w" args to get all of the command line. Is there any way to get the same information with AIX 5.3?...

  1. How to get entire command line from ps like UCB ps

    On Solaris, I'm used to being able to use the UCB ps with multiple "-
    w" args to get all of the command line. Is there any way to get the
    same information with AIX 5.3?

  2. Re: How to get entire command line from ps like UCB ps

    david.karr schrieb:
    > On Solaris, I'm used to being able to use the UCB ps with multiple "-
    > w" args to get all of the command line. Is there any way to get the
    > same information with AIX 5.3?

    ps ewww
    note there is no '-'

  3. Re: How to get entire command line from ps like UCB ps

    On 27 Feb, 04:29, Thomas Braunbeck wrote:
    > david.karr schrieb:> On Solaris, I'm used to being able to use the UCB ps with multiple "-
    > > w" args to get all of the command line. Is there any way to get the
    > > same information with AIX 5.3?

    > ps ewww
    > note there is no '-'

    I'm a fan of AIX's "ps -F"args" and other "F" flag parms.

  4. Re: How to get entire command line from ps like UCB ps

    On 27 Feb, 10:51, sjm wrote:
    > On 27 Feb, 04:29, Thomas Braunbeck wrote:
    >
    > > david.karr schrieb:> On Solaris, I'm used to being able to use the UCB ps with multiple "-
    > > > w" args to get all of the command line. Is there any way to get the
    > > > same information with AIX 5.3?

    > > ps ewww
    > > note there is no '-'

    > I'm a fan of AIX's "ps -F"args" and other "F" flag parms.

    I had the same problem (to get entire command line from ps) in the aix
    5.3 with ML3.
    The command 'ps' can not display more than 2048 characters per output
    line when the output is
    redirected or piped, with bos.rte.control version < 5.3.0.50.

    Read this :
    "IY80257: PS COMMAND OUTPUT FORMAT GREATER THAN 2048 CHARACTERS PER
    LINE"
    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=isg1IY80257

+ Reply to Thread