0514-440 cfgcon: error message - Aix

This is a discussion on 0514-440 cfgcon: error message - Aix ; Hi guys and gals, On one of my p5 AIX boxes I am getting the following error message: 0514-440 cfgcon: failed to create log file: yada yada Anyone know what this is? A failed something or other.... hmmmm. I tried ...

  1. 0514-440 cfgcon: error message

    Hi guys and gals,

    On one of my p5 AIX boxes I am getting the following error message:

    0514-440 cfgcon: failed to create log file: yada yada

    Anyone know what this is? A failed something or other.... hmmmm. I
    tried to reload from our NIM server and even to load fresh from
    cdrom. Can't get past that error.

    any help appreciated,
    Jen

  2. Re: 0514-440 cfgcon: error message

    jen schrieb:
    > Hi guys and gals,
    >
    > On one of my p5 AIX boxes I am getting the following error message:
    >
    > 0514-440 cfgcon: failed to create log file: yada yada
    >
    > Anyone know what this is? A failed something or other.... hmmmm. I
    > tried to reload from our NIM server and even to load fresh from
    > cdrom. Can't get past that error.
    >
    > any help appreciated,
    > Jen

    Hi

    what action causes this error ? May be you just missed to install appropriate
    device driver support. Is your p5 box connected to an HMC? May be you have a
    problem with virtual terminal connection.

    Please provide more information.

    Regards,
    Uwe Auer

  3. Re: 0514-440 cfgcon: error message

    On Feb 26, 3:03 pm, Uwe Auer wrote:
    > jen schrieb:
    >
    > > Hi guys and gals,

    > > On one of my p5 AIX boxes I am getting the following error message:

    > > 0514-440 cfgcon: failed to create log file: yada yada

    > > Anyone know what this is? A failed something or other.... hmmmm. I
    > > tried to reload from our NIM server and even to load fresh from
    > > cdrom. Can't get past that error.

    > > any help appreciated,
    > > Jen

    > Hi
    >
    > what action causes this error ? May be you just missed to install appropriate
    > device driver support. Is your p5 box connected to an HMC? May be you have a
    > problem with virtual terminal connection.
    >
    > Please provide more information.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Uwe Auer

    Well I was able to remove a suspected bad hard drive from the mirror
    and do a succesful load and boot. Once I added back in the bad drive
    to the mirror it broke again. so I am running diagnostics on the disk
    right now. I think it answers my question and will close this
    question.

    Regards,
    Jen

+ Reply to Thread