HACMP syc failing - Aix

This is a discussion on HACMP syc failing - Aix ; When I try to sync my cluster for the first time I get the following error ERROR: Verification of Cluster Topology for RSCT failed. See "/var/ha/log/topsvcs.default" for detailed information. WARNING: No entries in /etc/hosts on node: ytunix1. A corrective action ...

  1. HACMP syc failing

    When I try to sync my cluster for the first time I get the following
    error

    ERROR: Verification of Cluster Topology for RSCT failed.
    See "/var/ha/log/topsvcs.default" for detailed information.
    WARNING: No entries in /etc/hosts on node: ytunix1.
    A corrective action is available for the condition reported below:

    ERROR: Node: ytunix1 is missing entry '1xx.1x.2xx.41 ytunix1_boot' in
    the /etc/hosts configuration file.

    This host IS in the host file as is the other node boot IP. Also -
    Both IPs are in /usr/es/sbin/cluster/etc/rhosts

    HACMP version is 5.2
    AIX version is 5.2 ML 08

    Im building the cluster on some test systems to prepare for an
    upgrade.

    TIA

    Ted

  2. Re: HACMP syc failing

    fiedlert@gmail.com schrieb:
    > When I try to sync my cluster for the first time I get the following
    > error
    >
    > ERROR: Verification of Cluster Topology for RSCT failed.
    > See "/var/ha/log/topsvcs.default" for detailed information.
    > WARNING: No entries in /etc/hosts on node: ytunix1.
    > A corrective action is available for the condition reported below:
    >
    > ERROR: Node: ytunix1 is missing entry '1xx.1x.2xx.41 ytunix1_boot' in
    > the /etc/hosts configuration file.
    >
    > This host IS in the host file as is the other node boot IP. Also -
    > Both IPs are in /usr/es/sbin/cluster/etc/rhosts
    >
    > HACMP version is 5.2
    > AIX version is 5.2 ML 08
    >
    > Im building the cluster on some test systems to prepare for an
    > upgrade.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Ted

    Hi,

    > ERROR: Verification of Cluster Topology for RSCT failed.
    > See "/var/ha/log/topsvcs.default" for detailed information

    please show the us the logfile.

    > ERROR: Node: ytunix1 is missing entry '1xx.1x.2xx.41 ytunix1_boot' in
    > the /etc/hosts configuration file.

    I'd believe that ERROR. You are telling that /etc/hosts on ytunix1 has an entry:
    1xx.1x.2xx.41 ytunix1_boot
    If this is true, then i would recommend that you check for some "hidden"
    characters in your /etc/hosts file.

    Regards,
    Uwe Auer

+ Reply to Thread