mkcd - Aix

This is a discussion on mkcd - Aix ; Hi !! How is the correct way to make a mkcd ?? I use mkcd -e -L -R -S but when I try to burn the image ... I cant ... For example when I try to mount I get ...

  1. mkcd

    Hi !!
    How is the correct way to make a mkcd ??

    I use mkcd -e -L -R -S but when I try to burn the image ... I
    cant ...

    For example when I try to mount I get
    mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/cd0 on /cdrom: There is an input or
    output error.

    How I use mkcd and burn_cd ??

    thanx !

  2. Re: mkcd

    On Feb 19, 11:24 pm, aLCoR wrote:
    > Hi !!
    > How is the correct way to make a mkcd ??
    >
    > I use mkcd -e -L -R -S but when I try to burn the image ... I
    > cant ...

    easiest way is to use smitty mkcd

    > For example when I try to mount I get
    > mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/cd0 on /cdrom: There is an input or
    > output error.
    >
    > How I use mkcd and burn_cd ??

    use cdrecord

    > thanx !

  3. Re: mkcd

    On 20 feb, 12:06, diti wrote:
    > On Feb 19, 11:24 pm, aLCoR wrote:> Hi !!
    > > How is the correct way to make a mkcd ??

    > > I use mkcd -e -L -R -S but when I try to burn the image ... I
    > > cant ...

    > easiest way is to use smitty mkcd
    >
    > > For example when I try to mount I get
    > > mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/cd0 on /cdrom: There is an input or
    > > output error.

    > > How I use mkcd and burn_cd ??

    > use *cdrecord
    >

    > > thanx !- Ocultar texto de la cita -

    > - Mostrar texto de la cita -

    Ok ...
    I cant burn the DVD ... but when I try to mount it ... I get :
    mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/cd0 on /cdrom: There is an input or
    output error.

    and now ?

  4. Re: mkcd

    On Feb 21, 1:25 pm, aLCoR wrote:
    > On 20 feb, 12:06, diti wrote:
    >

    > > On Feb 19, 11:24 pm, aLCoR wrote:> Hi !!
    > > > How is the correct way to make a mkcd ??

    > > > I use mkcd -e -L -R -S but when I try to burn the image ... I
    > > > cant ...

    > > easiest way is to use smitty mkcd

    > > > For example when I try to mount I get
    > > > mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/cd0 on /cdrom: There is an input or
    > > > output error.

    > > > How I use mkcd and burn_cd ??

    > > use cdrecord

    > > > thanx !- Ocultar texto de la cita -

    > > - Mostrar texto de la cita -

    > Ok ...
    > I cant burn the DVD ... but when I try to mount it ... I get :
    > mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/cd0 on /cdrom: There is an input or
    > output error.
    >
    > and now ?

    1. Create a CD-ROM mount point by entering the mkdir -p /cdrom
    2. Allocate a CD-ROM file system using SMIT by entering the smit
    storage command.
    3. After SMIT starts, select File Systems --> Add / Change / Show /
    Delete File Systems --> CDROM File Systems --> Add CDROM File System.
    3'. In the Add a File System window:
    * Enter a device name for your CD-ROM file system in the
    DEVICE Name field. Device names for CD-ROM file systems must be
    unique. If there is a duplicate device name, you may need to delete a
    previously-defined CD-ROM file system or use another name for your
    directory. In our example, we will use /dev/cd0 as the device name.
    * Enter the CD-ROM mount point directory in the MOUNT POINT
    window. In our example, the mount point directory is /cdrom.
    * In the Mount AUTOMATICALLY at system restart field, select
    yes to enable automatic mounting of the file system.
    * Click OK to close the window, then click Cancel three
    times to exit SMIT.
    . Next, mount the CD-ROM file system by entering the smit mountfs
    command.
    4'. In the Mount a File System window:
    * Enter the device name for this CD-ROM file system in the
    FILE SYSTEM name field. In our example, the device name is /dev/cd0.
    * Enter the CD-ROM mount point in the Directory over which
    to mount field. In our example, the mount point is /cdrom.
    * Enter cdrfs in the Type of Filesystem field. To view the
    other kinds of file systems you can mount, click List.
    * In the Mount as READ-ONLY system field, select yes.
    * Accept the remaining default values and click OK to close
    the window.

    Your CD-ROM file system is now mounted. To view the contents of the CD-
    ROM, place the disk in the drive and enter the cd /cdrom command where
    cdrom is the CD-ROM mount point directory.

+ Reply to Thread