VNC session problem on AIX - Aix

This is a discussion on VNC session problem on AIX - Aix ; Hello: I have this annoying problem with vnc on AIX boxes. The vnc session will die (lose x window capacity) after around 12 hours also. I found this message in ~/.dt/errorlog: Workspace manager: I/O error on display::aix-d091:2.0 I have tried ...

  1. VNC session problem on AIX

    Hello:

    I have this annoying problem with vnc on AIX boxes.
    The vnc session will die (lose x window capacity) after around 12 hours
    also.
    I found this message in ~/.dt/errorlog:

    Workspace manager: I/O error on display::aix-d091:2.0

    I have tried these methods, none of them works.
    1. Disable screen saver in $HOME/.Xdefaults
    2. Remove non-exist fonts path in vncserver script
    3. Set "connection time out" to zero in vncserver script.
    4. Use newer version from IBM website. vnc-3.3.3r2-5.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
    5. disable Automatic logout by setting TMOUT=0.

    Can somebody give me a suggestion?

    Thank you for your help.

    The xstartup script:

    PATH=$PATH:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/openwin/bin
    if [ -f /usr/dt/bin/Xsession ]
    then
    export XSTATION=1 DTXSERVERLOCATION=local
    xset s off
    Xsession &
    else
    xrdb $HOME/.Xdefaults
    xsetroot -solid grey
    xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
    mwm &
    fi

  2. Re: VNC session problem on AIX

    On 18 Feb, 17:21, "Weiping He" wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > I have this annoying problem with vnc on AIX boxes.
    > The vnc session will die (lose x window capacity) after around 12 hours
    > also.
    > I found this message in ~/.dt/errorlog:

    Hmm, if the error is there it would appear that you're using CDE to
    manage the session - is that correct? I don't have this problem with
    the window managers that I use (mwm, twm, Gnome ...). Have you tried
    one of those?

+ Reply to Thread