how to send a email from aix servers to mobile no - Aix

This is a discussion on how to send a email from aix servers to mobile no - Aix ; Hi Can someone guide me how to send an email from the aix server to mobile no List of things that need to be done at aix server and list of thing that we need to do at our email ...

  1. how to send a email from aix servers to mobile no

    Hi

    Can someone guide me how to send an email from the aix server to
    mobile no

    List of things that need to be done at aix server and list of thing
    that we need to do at our email server

    thanks
    pk

  2. Re: how to send a email from aix servers to mobile no

    Verify with your cell phone provider what is the @domain to send
    emails to your cell.

    It should be something like phone_number@sms.provider.com

    --Ben

    On Feb 14, 2:44 am, prak wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Can someone guide me how to send an email from the aix server to
    > mobile no
    >
    > List of things that need to be done at aix server and list of thing
    > that we need to do at our email server
    >
    > thanks
    > pk

  3. Re: how to send a email from aix servers to mobile no

    On Feb 14, 2:44 am, prak wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Can someone guide me how to send an email from the aix server to
    > mobile no
    >
    > List of things that need to be done at aix server and list of thing
    > that we need to do at our email server
    >
    > thanks
    > pk

    First, make sure that the email services work from the RS/6000 to any
    standard email address. A good test is to send one email to your
    internal email address, and one to an internet email address.

    For example, if my company was called "nospam.com" and my email was
    steven@nospam.com, I would try sending from my AIX server
    (root@serverA.nospam.com) as follows:

    mail -v steven@nospam.com
    Subject: test mail
    This is a test message
    ..

    The mail delivery messages should then appear and show me if the mail
    is being routed out from the RS/6000 okay. If it works there, the next
    test would be to send to an email address such as
    "steve7235@gmail.com" and see if the mail gets out there.

    Once I know that part is working, then I should be able to reach
    someone's mobile phone for text messaging. If I do not get out, then
    my RS/6000 may be missing some setup (like the DNS entries), or my
    firewall may be blocking SMTP traffic on port 25.

    Be careful if you do set up a route through your firewall for SMTP
    traffic. IBM by default give you a completely wide open setting for
    your sendmail services (/etc/sendmail.cf) and we have had cases on
    some of our customer sites where spammers from Hong Kong and Taiwan
    were using our customer's servers as relays for their emails, until we
    alerted them and the ports were closed or the sendmail settings
    changed.

+ Reply to Thread