RAM for IBM System p5 Type:7037-A50 - Aix

This is a discussion on RAM for IBM System p5 Type:7037-A50 - Aix ; Dear all, Recently, I bought a 2ND IBM System p5 Type: 7037-A50 UNIX server. This server came with NO RAM installed and I need to buy memory for this server. Can anybody help me? What kind of RAM (i think ...

  1. RAM for IBM System p5 Type:7037-A50

    Dear all,

    Recently, I bought a 2ND IBM System p5 Type: 7037-A50 UNIX server.
    This server came with NO RAM installed and I need to buy memory for
    this server.

    Can anybody help me? What kind of RAM (i think ECC+REG) I need to buy
    for this server?

    I checked that Kingston KTM-JS20/2G is suitable for this server. But
    it is very expensive. I would like to ask that if I buy Kingston
    KVR333D8R25/1G (ECC+REG) for p185 server. Is it work???

    Kingston KVR333D8R25/1G or any other RAM is suitable for this server.
    Please help me.

    Thanks! and Happy new Year!!

  2. Re: RAM for IBM System p5 Type:7037-A50

    On 1 Jan, 16:18, pc...@iloveilove.com wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > Recently, I bought a 2ND IBM System p5 Type: 7037-A50 UNIX server.
    > This server came with NO RAM installed and I need to buy memory for
    > this server.
    >
    > Can anybody help me? *What kind of RAM (i think ECC+REG) I need to buy
    > for this server?
    >
    > I checked that Kingston KTM-JS20/2G is suitable for this server. But
    > it is very expensive. I would like to ask that if I buy Kingston
    > KVR333D8R25/1G (ECC+REG) for p185 server. Is it work???
    >
    > Kingston KVR333D8R25/1G or any other RAM is suitable for this server.
    > Please help me.
    >
    > Thanks! and Happy new Year!!

    Hi,

    If you do a search on the ibm site for 7037 a50 there is a pdf doc
    which has the memory and 4 digit code for ordering it but I doubt very
    much that this will be any cheaper than other memory. Probably more
    expensive!!

    I dont know whether you will have (or intend to get) a support
    contract for the server but I wonder if it would be supported if you
    dont use the 'official' memory that IBM sells for it.

    http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/p/hard...s/io_specs.pdf

    Regards,
    Scott

+ Reply to Thread