Identify the IP address of the machine that locks the userid - Aix

This is a discussion on Identify the IP address of the machine that locks the userid - Aix ; Hi all, I have a situation where some application is trying to connect to AIX 5.2 with an incorrect password at midnight Sunday and then lock the userid up. I'm new to AIX...please, how can I identify the IP address ...

  1. Identify the IP address of the machine that locks the userid

    Hi all, I have a situation where some application is trying to connect
    to AIX 5.2 with an incorrect password at midnight Sunday and then lock
    the userid up. I'm new to AIX...please, how can I identify the IP
    address of the machine that locks the userid? Is there any log or
    audit program?

  2. Re: Identify the IP address of the machine that locks the userid

    eliane wrote:
    > Hi all, I have a situation where some application is trying to connect
    > to AIX 5.2 with an incorrect password at midnight Sunday and then lock
    > the userid up. I'm new to AIX...please, how can I identify the IP
    > address of the machine that locks the userid? Is there any log or
    > audit program?

    See the entry for the user-id in /etc/security/lastlog.

    Niel

+ Reply to Thread