AIX books? - Aix

This is a discussion on AIX books? - Aix ; Hi all, Can anyone give me a good book or internet site for AIX? I know Linux and Solaris very well, but have not done much with AIX...not much on amazon which I found odd. -JC...

  1. AIX books?

    Hi all,

    Can anyone give me a good book or internet site for AIX? I know Linux
    and Solaris very well, but have not done much with AIX...not much on
    amazon which I found odd.

    -JC

  2. Re: AIX books?

    On Dec 17, 11:38 am, solebla...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Can anyone give me a good book or internet site for AIX? I know Linux
    > and Solaris very well, but have not done much with AIX...not much on
    > amazon which I found odd.
    >
    > -JC

    This one is pretty informative:

    http://www.amazon.com/Simply-AIX-4-3.../dp/0130213446

    CT

  3. Re: AIX books?

    soleblazer@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Can anyone give me a good book or internet site for AIX? I know Linux
    > and Solaris very well, but have not done much with AIX...not much on
    > amazon which I found odd.
    >
    > -JC

    http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/ and search for AIX.
    Try the certification study guides.

  4. Re: AIX books?

    On Dec 17, 11:38 am, solebla...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Can anyone give me a good book or internet site for AIX? I know Linux
    > and Solaris very well, but have not done much with AIX...not much on
    > amazon which I found odd.
    >
    > -JC

    I would suggest you start with http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/ You can't
    beat the prices:-) Seriously there are any number of good introductory
    and tutorial red books you can download gratis from this site.

    HTH
    Jim Lane

  5. Re: AIX books?

    On Dec 17, 11:38 am, solebla...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Can anyone give me a good book or internet site for AIX? I know Linux
    > and Solaris very well, but have not done much with AIX...not much on
    > amazon which I found odd.
    >
    > -JC

    Since you know Solaris, I'd try this redbook

    http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg247245.pdf

  6. Re: AIX books?

    Another documentations website

    IBM pSeries and AIX information center