AIX 5L Version 5.3 Limits - Aix

This is a discussion on AIX 5L Version 5.3 Limits - Aix ; Hello! We are running AIX 5L Version 5.3, we'd like to know PP, LP,PV and VG limits under this version. i.e No. of PVs per VG: ____ No. of PPs per PV: ____ What commands to find out their current ...

  1. AIX 5L Version 5.3 Limits

    Hello!
    We are running AIX 5L Version 5.3, we'd like to know PP, LP,PV and VG
    limits
    under this version.

    i.e

    No. of PVs per VG: ____
    No. of PPs per PV: ____

    What commands to find out their current values and change their
    values?

    Thanks a lot
    jssanche

  2. Re: AIX 5L Version 5.3 Limits

    On 13 Dez., 14:59, jssanche wrote:
    > Hello!
    > We are running AIX 5L Version 5.3, we'd like to know PP, LP,PV and VG
    > limits
    > under this version.
    >
    > i.e
    >
    > No. of PVs per VG: ____
    > No. of PPs per PV: ____
    >
    > What commands to find out their current values and change their
    > values?
    >
    > Thanks a lot
    > jssanche

    Volume groups on aix 5.3 come in 3 flavours:
    Original, Big, Scalable

    "man chvg" and "lsvg " tell you everything you ask for.

    Regards
    Joachim

  3. Re: AIX 5L Version 5.3 Limits

    Joachim Gann wrote:
    > On 13 Dez., 14:59, jssanche wrote:
    >> Hello!
    >> We are running AIX 5L Version 5.3, we'd like to know PP, LP,PV and VG
    >> limits
    >> under this version.
    >>
    >> i.e
    >>
    >> No. of PVs per VG: ____
    >> No. of PPs per PV: ____
    >>
    >> What commands to find out their current values and change their
    >> values?
    >>
    >> Thanks a lot
    >> jssanche

    > Volume groups on aix 5.3 come in 3 flavours:
    > Original, Big, Scalable
    >
    > "man chvg" and "lsvg " tell you everything you ask for.
    >
    > Regards
    > Joachim

    There's also a Redbook at www DOT redbooks DOT ibm DOT com (search for
    SG246619 or "veritas") which provides a side-by-side comparison of AIX's
    LVM specs. to VVM's. I believe the information you seek might be in
    "Chapter 6".

    The Redbook was originally published 11/2004 and last updated (according
    to the site) 12/2006.

    HTH some.

    Paul

  4. Re: AIX 5L Version 5.3 Limits

    Sub Genius wrote:
    > Joachim Gann wrote:
    >> On 13 Dez., 14:59, jssanche wrote:
    >>> Hello!
    >>> We are running AIX 5L Version 5.3, we'd like to know PP, LP,PV and VG
    >>> limits
    >>> under this version.
    >>>
    >>> i.e
    >>>
    >>> No. of PVs per VG: ____
    >>> No. of PPs per PV: ____
    >>>
    >>> What commands to find out their current values and change their
    >>> values?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks a lot
    >>> jssanche

    >> Volume groups on aix 5.3 come in 3 flavours:
    >> Original, Big, Scalable
    >>
    >> "man chvg" and "lsvg " tell you everything you ask for.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Joachim

    > There's also a Redbook at www DOT redbooks DOT ibm DOT com (search for
    > SG246619 or "veritas") which provides a side-by-side comparison of AIX's
    > LVM specs. to VVM's. I believe the information you seek might be in
    > "Chapter 6".
    >
    > The Redbook was originally published 11/2004 and last updated (according
    > to the site) 12/2006.
    >
    > HTH some.
    >
    > Paul

    OOOPsie...sorry for the typo - the original publication date was 11/2002
    (not 2004) :-P

    Paul

+ Reply to Thread