Program need forkpty functionality in Aix 5.3 - Aix

This is a discussion on Program need forkpty functionality in Aix 5.3 - Aix ; Hi I have an application that needs forkpty() for compiling. How would I tell in the configure file the location of forkpty if exists in aix or do I need to install it. Please help Thanks...

  1. Program need forkpty functionality in Aix 5.3

    Hi

    I have an application that needs forkpty() for compiling. How would I
    tell in the configure file the location of
    forkpty if exists in aix or do I need to install it. Please help

    Thanks

  2. Re: Program need forkpty functionality in Aix 5.3

    quote-

    Yep, forkpty()/openpty() is definitely not POSIX. (Under FBSD, you have to
    #include and link with -lutil to use it.) However, the source
    code of forkpty() and openpty() is in /usr/src/lib/libutil/pty.c, and you
    could put that file in your program's directory, and link with a
    simplified version of that (but you might have to change the function
    names). Then you would be portable (hopefully :-)

    unquote

    http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/f...ay/007607.html

    --
    Message posted using http://www.talkaboutcomputing.com/group/comp.unix.aix/