type 7026-H50 hangs at E140 - Aix

This is a discussion on type 7026-H50 hangs at E140 - Aix ; Hi, I want to reinstall an RS/6000 type 7026-H50 running AIX 5.3 because it has JFS now and no JFS2. However, since the "shutdown -Fr" it hangs at E140 (both when booting from harddisk and cdrom). According to some posts ...

  1. type 7026-H50 hangs at E140

    Hi,

    I want to reinstall an RS/6000 type 7026-H50 running AIX 5.3 because it
    has JFS now and no JFS2. However, since the "shutdown -Fr" it hangs at
    E140 (both when booting from harddisk and cdrom). According to some
    posts on forums it could be due to firmware, but I recently upgraded it
    to the latest version for this type and did run fine since. Power-off/on
    and "shutdown -Fr" did go well too, until now.
    Any ideas/suggestions?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: type 7026-H50 hangs at E140

    Huub wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to reinstall an RS/6000 type 7026-H50 running AIX 5.3 because it
    > has JFS now and no JFS2. However, since the "shutdown -Fr" it hangs at
    > E140 (both when booting from harddisk and cdrom). According to some
    > posts on forums it could be due to firmware, but I recently upgraded it
    > to the latest version for this type and did run fine since. Power-off/on
    > and "shutdown -Fr" did go well too, until now.
    > Any ideas/suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.

    OK...problem solved for now: unplugged the machine and plugged it again.
    Booting again now, but still don't know why it hang.
    Also found out that this 32-bit machine can't have JFS2. Reinstalling
    anyway.

+ Reply to Thread