zip file - Aix

This is a discussion on zip file - Aix ; Sir/Madam I want to know any command which can unzip a winzip files in AIX, uploaded by binary mode, Thank a lot...

  1. zip file

    Sir/Madam

    I want to know any command which can unzip a winzip files in AIX, uploaded
    by binary mode,

    Thank a lot

  2. Re: zip file

    timothy ma and constance lee wrote:
    > Sir/Madam
    >
    > I want to know any command which can unzip a winzip files in AIX, uploaded
    > by binary mode,

    We use a build of Info-Zip that appears to work nicely. Try
    http://www.info-zip.org/

    --
    -------------------------------------
    http://www.photo.net/photos/garyrhook

  3. Re: zip file

    On Dec 6, 7:08 am, "Gary R. Hook" wrote:
    > timothy ma and constance lee wrote:
    >
    > > Sir/Madam

    > > I want to know any command which can unzip a winzip files in AIX, uploaded
    > > by binary mode,

    > We use a build of Info-Zip that appears to work nicely. Tryhttp://www.info-zip.org/
    >
    > --
    > -------------------------------------http://www.photo.net/photos/garyrhook
    > Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit

    why re-invent the wheel ?
    http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/p/os/a.../download.html

    IBM (bless them) do provide (some) Linux compatibility tools

  4. Re: zip file

    On Dec 3, 10:11 pm, "timothy ma and constance lee"
    wrote:
    > Sir/Madam
    >
    > I want to know any command which can unzip a winzip files in AIX, uploaded
    > by binary mode,
    >
    > Thank a lot

    If you don't want to download any additional software...

    jar -xvf

    J.

+ Reply to Thread