executable compiled with xlC can't pick resolve symbols coming fromg++ - Aix

This is a discussion on executable compiled with xlC can't pick resolve symbols coming fromg++ - Aix ; I apologize if i have asked the question in the wrong forum I build a shared library with g++. the executable build with xlC can't resolve symbols form that library but if i build the shared library with xlC there ...

  1. executable compiled with xlC can't pick resolve symbols coming fromg++

    I apologize if i have asked the question in the wrong forum

    I build a shared library with g++. the executable build with xlC can't
    resolve symbols form that library

    but if i build the shared library with xlC there is no problem and
    there are no unresolved references

    Can someone point out the reason ?

  2. Re: executable compiled with xlC can't pick resolve symbols comingfrom g++

    shankha writes:

    > Can someone point out the reason ?

    The reason is that code produced by different C++ compilers (and even
    different versions of the same C++ compiler) is generally not
    link-compatible.

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

+ Reply to Thread