virtualised tape drive via a vio server - Aix

This is a discussion on virtualised tape drive via a vio server - Aix ; Hi, can we setup a virtualised tape via the vio yet? From what I have surfed, it appears that this feature is on the todo list for IBM but as of mid 2007 it was not as yet available. Thanks ...

  1. virtualised tape drive via a vio server

    Hi, can we setup a virtualised tape via the vio yet? From what I have
    surfed, it appears that this feature is on the todo list for IBM but
    as of mid 2007 it was not as yet available. Thanks in advance.
    Regards
    BozoDebris

  2. Re: virtualised tape drive via a vio server

    On Dec 4, 12:01 pm, bozo wrote:
    > Hi, can we setup a virtualised tape via the vio yet? From what I have
    > surfed, it appears that this feature is on the todo list for IBM but
    > as of mid 2007 it was not as yet available. Thanks in advance.
    > Regards
    > BozoDebris

    Not yet, but you can share a single SCSI adapter with the attached
    tape drive between all LPARs and move it as needed. I script the
    movement instead of logging on to the HMC and doing it manually. It
    is probably the next best thing.

+ Reply to Thread