Suggestions for Configuring Reflection/X - Aix

This is a discussion on Suggestions for Configuring Reflection/X - Aix ; Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for configuring Reflection/X to work with AIXwindows. Specifically, I'm looking to find out if the mouse wheel and can be made to work with AIXwindows applications (dtterm, text editor, etc.). Any pointers/links, etc. ...

  1. Suggestions for Configuring Reflection/X

    Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for configuring
    Reflection/X to work with AIXwindows.

    Specifically, I'm looking to find out if the mouse wheel and can be made
    to work with AIXwindows applications (dtterm, text editor, etc.).

    Any pointers/links, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

    Key mapping tips, tricks and gotchas would also be helpful.

    TIA.

    David J Dachtera
    DJE Systems

  2. Re: Suggestions for Configuring Reflection/X

    David J Dachtera wrote:

    > Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for configuring
    > Reflection/X to work with AIXwindows.
    >
    > Specifically, I'm looking to find out if the mouse wheel and can be made
    > to work with AIXwindows applications (dtterm, text editor, etc.).
    >
    > Any pointers/links, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Key mapping tips, tricks and gotchas would also be helpful.
    >
    > TIA.

    I guess no one here uses Reflection/X X server on a Windows PC to access
    their AIX systems.

    Apologies for the intrusion.

    David J Dachtera
    DJE Systems

  3. Re: Suggestions for Configuring Reflection/X

    On Dec 8, 3:10 am, David J Dachtera
    wrote:
    > David J Dachtera wrote:
    >
    > > Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for configuring
    > > Reflection/X to work with AIXwindows.

    > > Specifically, I'm looking to find out if the mouse wheel and can be made
    > > to work with AIXwindows applications (dtterm, text editor, etc.).

    > > Any pointers/links, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

    > > Key mapping tips, tricks and gotchas would also be helpful.

    > > TIA.

    > I guess no one here uses Reflection/X X server on a Windows PC to access
    > their AIX systems.
    >
    > Apologies for the intrusion.
    >
    > David J Dachtera
    > DJE Systems

    We do! Not to the extend of getting button 3 all figured out
    though... If you're having problems just getting it 'working' then I
    could have a look at our setup; I'm no expert though.

    Regards,

    Alex

  4. Re: Suggestions for Configuring Reflection/X

    On Dec 8, 4:10 pm, David J Dachtera
    wrote:
    > David J Dachtera wrote:
    >
    > > Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for configuring
    > > Reflection/X to work with AIXwindows.

    > > Specifically, I'm looking to find out if the mouse wheel and can be made
    > > to work with AIXwindows applications (dtterm, text editor, etc.).

    > > Any pointers/links, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

    > > Key mapping tips, tricks and gotchas would also be helpful.

    > > TIA.

    > I guess no one here uses Reflection/X X server on a Windows PC to access
    > their AIX systems.
    >
    > Apologies for the intrusion.
    >
    > David J Dachtera
    > DJE Systems

    don't throw your toys, use Cygwin X

  5. Re: Suggestions for Configuring Reflection/X

    Henry wrote:

    > On Dec 8, 4:10 pm, David J Dachtera
    > wrote:
    > > David J Dachtera wrote:
    > >
    > > > Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for configuring
    > > > Reflection/X to work with AIXwindows.

    > > > Specifically, I'm looking to find out if the mouse wheel and can be made
    > > > to work with AIXwindows applications (dtterm, text editor, etc.).

    > > > Any pointers/links, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

    > > > Key mapping tips, tricks and gotchas would also be helpful.

    > > > TIA.

    > > I guess no one here uses Reflection/X X server on a Windows PC to access
    > > their AIX systems.
    > >
    > > Apologies for the intrusion.
    > >
    > > David J Dachtera
    > > DJE Systems

    > don't throw your toys, use Cygwin X

    Sorry - corporate environment (healthcare, actually - even MORE
    regulated!). Have to stay with "standard issue".

    David J Dachtera
    DJE Systems

+ Reply to Thread