problem mounting nfs server - Aix

This is a discussion on problem mounting nfs server - Aix ; Hi, On fresh installed AIX 5.3 machine, I try to mount an nfs server. After adding Kaapstad to /etc/hosts and adding the machine-name to /etc/exports on the (Linux)server: # mount -t nfs Kaapstad:/admin /Kaapstadadmin/ mount: 0506-310 'Directory/File Name' is not ...

  1. problem mounting nfs server

    Hi,

    On fresh installed AIX 5.3 machine, I try to mount an nfs server.
    After adding Kaapstad to /etc/hosts and adding the machine-name to
    /etc/exports on the (Linux)server:

    # mount -t nfs Kaapstad:/admin /Kaapstadadmin/
    mount: 0506-310 'Directory/File Name' is not valid with the -t
    flag..

    Though man mount tells me it should be possible.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: problem mounting nfs server

    Huub schrieb:
    > Hi,
    >
    > On fresh installed AIX 5.3 machine, I try to mount an nfs server.
    > After adding Kaapstad to /etc/hosts and adding the machine-name to
    > /etc/exports on the (Linux)server:
    >
    > # mount -t nfs Kaapstad:/admin /Kaapstadadmin/
    > mount: 0506-310 'Directory/File Name' is not valid with the -t
    > flag..
    >
    > Though man mount tells me it should be possible.

    man mount tells me
    -t Type Mounts all stanzas in the /etc/filesystems file that contain the
    type=Type attribute and are not mounted. The Type parameter specifies
    the name of the group.

    So you can
    mount -t nfs
    to mount all FS with type=nfs in /etc/filesystems, or
    mount Kaapstad:/admin /Kaapstadadmin
    to just mount this one FS.

+ Reply to Thread