HACMP price? - Aix

This is a discussion on HACMP price? - Aix ; Has anyone had an IBM business partner(champion/et al) install/ configure HACMP/HAGEO/HACMP-XD in their environment? I am looking for a baseline price for a simple 2 node cluster would you like to share what you paid to have this done?...

  1. HACMP price?

    Has anyone had an IBM business partner(champion/et al) install/
    configure HACMP/HAGEO/HACMP-XD in their environment?

    I am looking for a baseline price for a simple 2 node cluster

    would you like to share what you paid to have this done?

  2. Re: HACMP price?

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 19:44:43 -0800 (PST), jeff
    wrote:

    >Has anyone had an IBM business partner(champion/et al) install/
    >configure HACMP/HAGEO/HACMP-XD in their environment?
    >
    >I am looking for a baseline price for a simple 2 node cluster
    >

    >would you like to share what you paid to have this done?

    The newer "wizards" for AIX will configure a basic cluster quite
    easily. If you really want hands-on implementation, plan on around $6K
    to $9K per week of service. HACMP is fairly easy, certainly no more
    than a week for a basic implementation. Of course, integrating your
    application is another matter.

    HAGEO/XD is another matter. Easily 3 weeks of coordination to get both
    systems set up, etc. If you can prep for whoever is comming in to do
    the work, you can significantly cut your costs.

    -- David

+ Reply to Thread