trap who -u to .sh_history - Aix

This is a discussion on trap who -u to .sh_history - Aix ; All, I use this command on HPUX in .profiles to trap important data to the .sh_history files. $ trap ' who -u | read -s' debug Is there a similar way in AIX 5.2 and 5.3? I tried and this ...

  1. trap who -u to .sh_history

    All,

    I use this command on HPUX in .profiles to trap important data to
    the .sh_history files.
    $ trap ' who -u | read -s' debug

    Is there a similar way in AIX 5.2 and 5.3?
    I tried and this does not work.

    thank you

  2. Re: trap who -u to .sh_history

    On Dec 1, 9:23 am, dbsmith wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > I use this command on HPUX in .profiles to trap important data to
    > the .sh_history files.
    > $ trap ' who -u | read -s' debug
    >
    > Is there a similar way in AIX 5.2 and 5.3?
    > I tried and this does not work.
    >
    > thank you

    describe "does not work"

  3. Re: trap who -u to .sh_history

    On Dec 2, 2:21 pm, Henry wrote:

    > describe "does not work"

    When I reinvoke the profile, then I see this:
    It just give me "\n" after "\n" so then I have to hit cntrl C and that
    of course logs me out.
    I let it go w/out hitting cntrl C it is just scrolls down and down.
    The after 30 seconds or so I hot cntrl D with no response, then I hit
    cntrl \ and I got back

    /.kshrc: 3936434 Quit

    #
    $ id
    uid=5000(cahadm) gid=0(system) groups=1(staff),7(security)

    ".profile" 5 lines, 191 characters
    root@mcdbxe01:/> . /.profile

    $ id
    uid=5000(cahadm) gid=0(system) groups=1(staff),7(security)

+ Reply to Thread