suma: version download problem - Aix

This is a discussion on suma: version download problem - Aix ; Hi, Running 5.3, I'm trying to download bos.iconv.com.5.3.0.0, bos.iconv.com.4.1.0.0 and some others as well. These are given as missing requisites, but suma only gives the option "latest". Do I have to manually download them? Thanks....

  1. suma: version download problem

    Hi,

    Running 5.3, I'm trying to download bos.iconv.com.5.3.0.0,
    bos.iconv.com.4.1.0.0 and some others as well. These are given as
    missing requisites, but suma only gives the option "latest". Do I have
    to manually download them?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: suma: version download problem

    On Nov 30, 10:43 am, Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Running 5.3, I'm trying to download bos.iconv.com.5.3.0.0,
    > bos.iconv.com.4.1.0.0 and some others as well. These are given as
    > missing requisites, but suma only gives the option "latest". Do I have
    > to manually download them?

    These are base fileset which you will find on your installation media.
    IBM does not offer to download base filesets.

    hth
    Hajo

  3. Re: suma: version download problem

    > These are base fileset which you will find on your installation media.
    > IBM does not offer to download base filesets.

    Ok, thank you.

  4. Re: suma: version download problem

    > These are base fileset which you will find on your installation media.
    > IBM does not offer to download base filesets.
    >
    > hth
    > Hajo

    I've changed cd's now but despite refreshing I still get the same list
    as "available". I suppose the cd has to be mounted first?

  5. Re: suma: version download problem

    > I've changed cd's now but despite refreshing I still get the same list
    > as "available". I suppose the cd has to be mounted first?

    OK, that was a "yes", but I have tried cd's 1 - 5 now and only
    bos.iconv.com.5.3.0.0 in various languages are there...not US. According
    to the installed filelist it's not there either. Where can I find it?

  6. Re: suma: version download problem

    On Nov 30, 1:49 pm, Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> wrote:
    > > I've changed cd's now but despite refreshing I still get the same list
    > > as "available". I suppose the cd has to be mounted first?

    > OK, that was a "yes", but I have tried cd's 1 - 5 now and only
    > bos.iconv.com.5.3.0.0 in various languages are there...not US. According
    > to the installed filelist it's not there either. Where can I find it?

    There is no ..US
    Install bos.iconv.com

    hth
    Hajo