CPU type? - Aix

This is a discussion on CPU type? - Aix ; Hi, While investigation the microcode version of an RS/6000, prtconf tells me: System Model: IBM,7026-H50 Processor Type: PowerPC_604 Is this P2, P3, P4 or P5? The Processor Clock Speed is given by prtconf as 332 MHz. Thank you....

  1. CPU type?

    Hi,

    While investigation the microcode version of an RS/6000, prtconf tells me:

    System Model: IBM,7026-H50
    Processor Type: PowerPC_604

    Is this P2, P3, P4 or P5? The Processor Clock Speed is given by prtconf
    as 332 MHz.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: CPU type?

    In article <474e84d2$0$12446$e4fe514c@dreader21.news.xs4all.nl>, Huub
    <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> writes:
    > Hi,
    >
    > While investigation the microcode version of an RS/6000, prtconf tells me:
    >
    > System Model: IBM,7026-H50
    > Processor Type: PowerPC_604
    >
    > Is this P2, P3, P4 or P5? The Processor Clock Speed is given by prtconf
    > as 332 MHz.

    None of these. It's a PowerPC 604e.

  3. Re: CPU type?

    > None of these. It's a PowerPC 604e.

    Being predecessor to the ones I mentioned so "quite old"?

  4. Re: CPU type?

    In article <474e8883$0$12448$e4fe514c@dreader21.news.xs4all.nl>, Huub
    <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> writes:

    > > None of these. It's a PowerPC 604e.

    > Being predecessor to the ones I mentioned so "quite old"?

    Well, if you're interested in the exact timeline you may check out

    http://archive.rootvg.net/RSmodels.htm

    In fact the Power2 is somewhat older than the 604e,
    P3 came after the 604e.
    For my stuff it was quite a performance jump from
    the F50 (604e) to the 44P-270 (P3) although they run at
    about the same clock rate.

  5. Re: CPU type?

    > Well, if you're interested in the exact timeline you may check out
    >
    > http://archive.rootvg.net/RSmodels.htm
    >
    > In fact the Power2 is somewhat older than the 604e,
    > P3 came after the 604e.
    > For my stuff it was quite a performance jump from
    > the F50 (604e) to the 44P-270 (P3) although they run at
    > about the same clock rate.

    Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread