5200-TL8-CSP to TL9-CSP Etherchannel problem! - Aix

This is a discussion on 5200-TL8-CSP to TL9-CSP Etherchannel problem! - Aix ; This weekend I upgraded a server from 5200-08-CSP to 5200-09-CSP For an unknown reason the EtherChannel that I had on ent2 is not working. Good thing it's a dev server, this is not an emergency. I put the VIPs on ...

  1. 5200-TL8-CSP to TL9-CSP Etherchannel problem!

    This weekend I upgraded a server from 5200-08-CSP to 5200-09-CSP

    For an unknown reason the EtherChannel that I had on ent2 is not
    working.

    Good thing it's a dev server, this is not an emergency.

    I put the VIPs on en0 and it's working fine.

    Anyone experienced that etherchannel problem in the past ?

    Also.. do I need to turn off all the ethernet interfaces in order to
    re-create the etherchannel ?

    When I re-create it I see it as Defined in "lsdev -Cc adapter" and I
    can't give it an IP.

    Thanks,

    --Ben

  2. Re: 5200-TL8-CSP to TL9-CSP Etherchannel problem!

    On Nov 26, 10:28 am, Benoit Lefebvre
    wrote:
    > This weekend I upgraded a server from 5200-08-CSP to 5200-09-CSP
    >
    > For an unknown reason the EtherChannel that I had on ent2 is not
    > working.
    >
    > Good thing it's a dev server, this is not an emergency.
    >
    > I put the VIPs on en0 and it's working fine.
    >
    > Anyone experienced that etherchannel problem in the past ?
    >
    > Also.. do I need to turn off all the ethernet interfaces in order to
    > re-create the etherchannel ?
    >
    > When I re-create it I see it as Defined in "lsdev -Cc adapter" and I
    > can't give it an IP.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > --Ben

    Ben

    Whenever you upgrade or install filesets that effect etherchannel I
    have seen the same thing you are seeing, but I dont know why.
    All you have to do to fix it is:

    To restart etherchannel
    $ ifconfig enX detach down
    $ rmdev -dl enX
    $ removed etherchannel device via smitty etherchannel
    $ recreated etherchannel with entX/entX
    $ smitty tcpip
    minimum confuration
    restarted tcpip with the entX device