non-concurrent VG can be varyon on two nodes - Aix

This is a discussion on non-concurrent VG can be varyon on two nodes - Aix ; Hi, I'm building two nodes(active and standby) HACMP environment when strange thing happens as belows: there's two shared disks: hdisk2 and hdisk3, upon which I build datavg1 and datavg2 as shared VG seperately using cluster LVM, but I find that ...

  1. non-concurrent VG can be varyon on two nodes

    Hi,

    I'm building two nodes(active and standby) HACMP environment when
    strange thing happens as belows:

    there's two shared disks: hdisk2 and hdisk3, upon which I build
    datavg1 and datavg2 as shared VG seperately using cluster LVM, but I
    find that both node1 and node2 are able to vary on the two shared non-
    concurrent VG at same time whether or not HACMP is running, and I
    don't know why and how to resolve this problem, so please help, any
    clue would be appreciated, thanks.

  2. Re: non-concurrent VG can be varyon on two nodes

    I don't understand the "as shared VG seperately using cluster LVM"

    Do you mean that you used the C-SPOC utilities to create the VG?

    There isn't much information in the post, but here is what comes
    immediately to mind:

    1) The hdisk2 and hdisk3 disks are not really the same between
    the nodes. Check the pvid to make sure that they are.

    If you used C-SPOC, then this shouldn't be a problem.

    2) There is an option set on your storage for no-reserve policy.

    This is possible on several different disk types, including IBM and
    OEM disk vendors.

    Use lsattr -El

    Hope this helps to give you a start.
    Good luck resolving your problem
    -Casey

  3. Re: non-concurrent VG can be varyon on two nodes

    On 11月27日, 上午2时59分, "caseyjbrother...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > I don't understand the "as shared VG seperately using cluster LVM"
    >
    > Do you mean that you used the C-SPOC utilities to create the VG?
    >
    > There isn't much information in the post, but here is what comes
    > immediately to mind:
    >
    > 1) The hdisk2 and hdisk3 disks are not really the same between
    > the nodes. Check the pvid to make sure that they are.
    >
    > If you used C-SPOC, then this shouldn't be a problem.
    >
    > 2) There is an option set on your storage for no-reserve policy.
    >
    > This is possible on several different disk types, including IBM and
    > OEM disk vendors.
    >
    > Use lsattr -El
    >
    > Hope this helps to give you a start.
    > Good luck resolving your problem
    > -Casey

    Casey,

    Thanks for your help, and for your questiones:

    1) Yes, I did use C-SPOC

    2) Partial outputs of "lsattr -El hdiskX" are:

    reserve_policy no_reserve Reserve
    Policy True

    Anyway, still can not I reach any further about this problem...

+ Reply to Thread