mksysb on mirrored AIX and problem with installation in other env. - Aix

This is a discussion on mksysb on mirrored AIX and problem with installation in other env. - Aix ; Hi all, I have problems with moving 2 LPARs with AIX 5.3 from one box to other by using NIM. 2 LPARs are installed on dedicate partitions in p550 with mirrored rootvg on 300GB SCSI discs. I'm trying to move ...

  1. mksysb on mirrored AIX and problem with installation in other env.

    Hi all,

    I have problems with moving 2 LPARs with AIX 5.3 from one box to other
    by using NIM. 2 LPARs are installed on dedicate partitions in p550 with
    mirrored rootvg on 300GB SCSI discs.
    I'm trying to move OSs to p560Q with Dual VIOs MPIO and SEA failover.
    Logical disks were created on DS4000 with RAID5. On the SMS I can see
    one virtual disk.

    I created mksysb, defined resources mksysb and spot in NIM master.

    Problem is probably with number of disks.
    During install systems I can see messages about (from memory)
    "wrong disks size", or "error in 00-00-03 disk which was defined in
    bosinst.data file..."

    When I added to VIO clients second MPIO disk that installation mksysb
    AIX from NIM were installed properly.

    Do you know how to create mksysb in AIX with mirror without any
    influence on future installation in other disks configuration.

    Best,

    Lukas

  2. Re: mksysb on mirrored AIX and problem with installation in other env.

    > Do you know how to create mksysb in AIX with mirror without any influence
    > on future installation in other disks configuration.
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Lukas

    Hello

    a) Create image.data file using "mkszfile".
    b) Edit/modify the newly created "/image.data" file. (take a look at vg_data
    & lv_data sections)
    c) Run mksysb without "-i" flag.

    regards

    Pawel W.

  3. Re: mksysb on mirrored AIX and problem with installation in otherenv.

    pawelw schrieb:
    >> Do you know how to create mksysb in AIX with mirror without any influence
    >> on future installation in other disks configuration.
    >>
    >> Best,
    >>
    >> Lukas

    > Hello
    >
    > a) Create image.data file using "mkszfile".
    > b) Edit/modify the newly created "/image.data" file. (take a look at vg_data
    > & lv_data sections)
    > c) Run mksysb without "-i" flag.

    No need to create a new mksysb here. Lukas uses NIM.
    Just define the NIM resources bosinst_data and
    image_data if you need to change install parameters.

  4. Re: mksysb on mirrored AIX and problem with installation in otherenv.

    Thomas Braunbeck wrote:
    > pawelw schrieb:
    >
    >>> Do you know how to create mksysb in AIX with mirror without any
    >>> influence on future installation in other disks configuration.
    >>>
    >>> Best,
    >>>
    >>> Lukas

    >> Hello
    >>
    >> a) Create image.data file using "mkszfile".
    >> b) Edit/modify the newly created "/image.data" file. (take a look at
    >> vg_data & lv_data sections)
    >> c) Run mksysb without "-i" flag.
    >>

    > No need to create a new mksysb here. Lukas uses NIM.
    > Just define the NIM resources bosinst_data and
    > image_data if you need to change install parameters.

    Thanks a lot Thomas. You were right.
    In redbook "NIM from A to Z" is everything.

    I must change in image.data
    COPIES=2 to COPIES=1
    PP=124 to PP=62 (two time less)
    and remove hdisk1 records.

    From bosinst.data remove lines with hdisk1.

    Everything in NIM master. Without the need create new mksysb, spot (it
    takes a few hours in my env.)

    Best,

    Lukas

+ Reply to Thread