Best group to ask about programming on AIX? - Aix

This is a discussion on Best group to ask about programming on AIX? - Aix ; Hi. I'm trying to find a proper group for asking questions about programming on AIX. It seems that such groups are scarce at best. If either ibm.software.commserver.aix or comp.unix.aix is such group, here's my question: I'm trying to write a ...

  1. Best group to ask about programming on AIX?

    Hi.

    I'm trying to find a proper group for asking questions about programming
    on AIX. It seems that such groups are scarce at best. If either
    ibm.software.commserver.aix or comp.unix.aix is such group, here's my
    question:

    I'm trying to write a piece of code that reads information from ODM.
    Everything goes well, even exceptionally well considering low number of
    code examples and laconic manuals. But I can't figure out how to resolve
    links in ODM classes - can anyone help with this? I figured out, that
    "col" field of struct ClassElem contains name of the field that we link
    to, but where is it's value hidden is totally beyond me. Any help will
    be much appreciated.

    JD

  2. Re: Best group to ask about programming on AIX?

    On Nov 22, 12:00 pm, Jedrzej Dudkiewicz
    wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I'm trying to find a proper group for asking questions about programming
    > on AIX. It seems that such groups are scarce at best. If either
    > ibm.software.commserver.aix or comp.unix.aix is such group, here's my
    > question:
    >
    > I'm trying to write a piece of code that reads information from ODM.
    > Everything goes well, even exceptionally well considering low number of
    > code examples and laconic manuals. But I can't figure out how to resolve
    > links in ODM classes - can anyone help with this? I figured out, that
    > "col" field of struct ClassElem contains name of the field that we link
    > to, but where is it's value hidden is totally beyond me. Any help will
    > be much appreciated.
    >
    > JD

    Try this one -->

    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/fo...pa?forumID=905

    HTH
    Mark Taylor

  3. Re: Best group to ask about programming on AIX?

    Mark Taylor wrote:
    > On Nov 22, 12:00 pm, Jedrzej Dudkiewicz
    > wrote:
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> I'm trying to find a proper group for asking questions about programming
    >> on AIX. It seems that such groups are scarce at best. If either
    >> ibm.software.commserver.aix or comp.unix.aix is such group, here's my
    >> question:

    > Try this one -->
    >
    > http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/fo...pa?forumID=905

    Geeez, that's so obvious Thanks a lot.