Proces ID - Aix

This is a discussion on Proces ID - Aix ; Hello, It's possible, to configure that after reboot all new user processes starts with ID greater that 1000 ?...

  1. Proces ID

    Hello,

    It's possible, to configure that after reboot all new user processes starts with ID greater that 1000 ?

  2. Re: Proces ID

    On Oct 29, 5:16 pm, Krzysiek wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > It's possible, to configure that after reboot all new user processes starts with ID greater that 1000 ?

    Not that I know of. Why do you want to do this?

    Regards,
    Jim Lane

  3. Re: Proces ID

    > > It's possible, to configure that after reboot all new user processes starts with ID greater that 1000 ?

    Yeah, make sure 999 system processes start at boottime

    not much help I know ..

    Rgds
    Mark Taylor

  4. Re: Proces ID

    Mark Taylor schrieb:
    >>> It's possible, to configure that after reboot all new user processes starts with ID greater that 1000 ?

    > Yeah, make sure 999 system processes start at boottime
    >
    > not much help I know ..
    >
    > Rgds
    > Mark Taylor

    In AIX you'll not get an user process with PID <1000
    At least I cannot remember to have seen one.

+ Reply to Thread