HACMP and AIX kernel. - Aix

This is a discussion on HACMP and AIX kernel. - Aix ; I have a system running AIX 5.2 TL9-05 and HACMP 4.5 on a 32 bit kernel. I have been asked to move it to a 64 bit kernel. After making the change and rebooting, HACMP fails to start with the ...

  1. HACMP and AIX kernel.

    I have a system running AIX 5.2 TL9-05 and HACMP 4.5 on a 32 bit
    kernel.
    I have been asked to move it to a 64 bit kernel. After making the
    change and rebooting, HACMP fails to start with the following output:

    Error 109 from sysconfig LOAD
    sysconfig SINGLELOAD: The system call does not exist on this system.
    exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program dms_entry because of the
    following errors:
    0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for dms_entry because:
    0509-136 Symbol dead_man_sw (number 8) is not exported from
    dependent module /unix.
    0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the
    'dump -Tv' command.

    According to IBM's compatibility chart this version of HACMP should
    work in this version of AIX at 64 bits.

    Is this due to a quirk of how the system was originally loaded and
    configured?

    I can re-install ML9 or download the 1 GB of TL 10 patches but before
    I do all that, it would be nice to know if I am wasting effort.

  2. Re: HACMP and AIX kernel.

    On Oct 26, 7:20 pm, "demianphill...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > I have a system running AIX 5.2 TL9-05 and HACMP 4.5 on a 32 bit
    > kernel.
    > I have been asked to move it to a 64 bit kernel. After making the
    > change and rebooting, HACMP fails to start with the following output:
    >
    > Error 109 from sysconfig LOAD
    > sysconfig SINGLELOAD: The system call does not exist on this system.
    > exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program dms_entry because of the
    > following errors:
    > 0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for dms_entry because:
    > 0509-136 Symbol dead_man_sw (number 8) is not exported from
    > dependent module /unix.
    > 0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the
    > 'dump -Tv' command.
    >
    > According to IBM's compatibility chart this version of HACMP should
    > work in this version of AIX at 64 bits.
    >
    > Is this due to a quirk of how the system was originally loaded and
    > configured?
    >
    > I can re-install ML9 or download the 1 GB of TL 10 patches but before
    > I do all that, it would be nice to know if I am wasting effort.

    I haven't seen this problem myself but are you sure you got the links
    right when you switched to 64-bit?

  3. Re: HACMP and AIX kernel.

    What does bootinfo -K says?
    If it says 32, then you are still in 32 bit and you should do the
    following:
    ln -sf /usr/lib/boot/unix_64 /unix
    ln -sf /usr/lib/boot/unix_64 /usr/lib/boot/unix
    and also
    bosboot -ad /dev/ipldevice
    shutdown -Fr

    Also check the aio settings.
    # lsattr -El aio0
    autoconfig available STATE to be configured at system restart True

    autoconfig should be available.

  4. Re: HACMP and AIX kernel.

    On Oct 26, 2:20 pm, "demianphill...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > I have a system running AIX 5.2 TL9-05 and HACMP 4.5 on a 32 bit
    > kernel.
    > I have been asked to move it to a 64 bit kernel. After making the
    > change and rebooting, HACMP fails to start with the following output:

    HACMP/ES (Enhanced Scalability) v4.5 supports AIX 64 bit kernel.
    HACMP v4.5 classic does NOT support 64 bit kernel.

    Return to 32 bit kernel
    Upgrade to HACMP/ES v4.5 (might not be possible since code is not
    available)
    Upgrade to HACMP v5 from HACMP 4.5 Classic (recommended by IBM)

  5. Re: HACMP and AIX kernel.

    On Oct 28, 9:00 am, kwedar wrote:
    > On Oct 26, 2:20 pm, "demianphill...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > > I have a system running AIX 5.2 TL9-05 and HACMP 4.5 on a 32 bit
    > > kernel.
    > > I have been asked to move it to a 64 bit kernel. After making the
    > > change and rebooting, HACMP fails to start with the following output:

    > HACMP/ES (Enhanced Scalability) v4.5 supports AIX 64 bit kernel.
    > HACMP v4.5 classic does NOT support 64 bit kernel.

    > Return to 32 bit kernel
    > Upgrade to HACMP/ES v4.5 (might not be possible since code is not
    > available)
    > Upgrade to HACMP v5 from HACMP 4.5 Classic (recommended by IBM)

    Thanks. Damn. The chart is a bit confusing.
    Sadly I cant get them to go to a new level of HACMP since they let
    service expire and IBM will want something like 20-40 grand plus the
    many thousands of dollars penalty they charge for wanting back into
    the fold after leaving.

+ Reply to Thread