Fast copy - Aix

This is a discussion on Fast copy - Aix ; Hi, Dow you know how I can duplicate a vg in a quick way ? (AIX 5.3) Thanks in advance ......

  1. Fast copy

    Hi,

    Dow you know how I can duplicate
    a vg in a quick way ? (AIX 5.3)

    Thanks in advance ...

  2. Re: Fast copy

    On Oct 25, 9:14 am, "astalavista" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Dow you know how I can duplicate
    > a vg in a quick way ? (AIX 5.3)
    >
    > Thanks in advance ...

    Flashcopy if you have a SAN.

    You need to expand on the details.

  3. Re: Fast copy

    > Flashcopy if you have a SAN.
    >
    > You need to expand on the details.

    I have a DMX ...

  4. Re: Fast copy

    On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:34:14 +0200, astalavista wrote:

    >> [quoted text muted]

    > I have a DMX ...

    If you have EMC's TimeFinder, you should be able to use a clone or BCV
    device to copy all of the devices in the AIX VG in one shot. Naturally,
    the fewer I/O operations going through it at the time the better your BCV
    copy will be when you split it...

  5. Re: Fast copy

    Christopher Petersen wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:34:14 +0200, astalavista wrote:
    >

    > >> [quoted text muted]

    > > I have a DMX ...

    > If you have EMC's TimeFinder, you should be able to use a clone or BCV
    > device to copy all of the devices in the AIX VG in one shot. Naturally,
    > the fewer I/O operations going through it at the time the better your BCV
    > copy will be when you split it...

    If you need to automate this for backups and such, look into the SYMCLI program
    set (the UN*X-side programs and API that enable the TimeFinder application).

    If possible, quiesce your database(s) by putting them into backup mode
    temporarily.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems